Just tried using the Modern (Windows 10) Icon set and seeing a few missing icons in both PowerArchiver Burner and PowerArchiver Encryption screens . They are all there in the Minimalistik icon set and the only difference I can see is the former is blue and the latter grey. In version 22.00.9
there were some security issues fixed in 7zip:
As it seems, that PowerArchiver and PACL use the 7zip libraries, could you please update them to the latest version?
I noticed that the version of ZPAQ used is older than the latest released 7.15 https://mattmahoney.net/dc/zpaq.html also there seems to be a newer fork that adds several features https://github.com/fcorbelli/zpaqfranz
It would be useful to implement this latest version (it also maintains the same syntax and behavior as the latest official release if used the -715 flag) and add when opening a zpaq file a choice of the version of the files to show (e.g. as dummy folders represented the various versions present). Since any previous changes are stored with this format, it is possible to extract a snapshot of a certain date/version.
If I open a password-protected zipper file (created with WinRAR but I think that’s irrelevant), open it with PowerArchiver and run “Remove Encryption” on the same file, then reopen it and add a password with “Encrypt Archive,” the resulting archive will be protected with the old ZipCrypto algorithm and not AES as indicated.
(this can be verified, for example, by trying to open the archive files with Windows Explorer, which does not support the AES algorithm)
PA 21.00.18 running on Windows 7 64 bit.
I made a big .PA file and thought I’d check it was made correctly with Menu / Actions / Test.
a) PA always issues a UAC prompt to do this!
b) PA always says there are many errors in PA files.
"Check for new version" error/failure
Win XP SP3, PA 11.60.18
Up to now, my scheduled update checks have worked fine and have enabled me to keep my PA up to date.
However, without warning, I’m getting an error "Could not retrieve version information from Internet. Error “can’t resolve hostname to IP address”.
I haven’t made any changes to firewalls etc and have tried the check with all protection turned off, but still get this error.
‘update checking’ still working fine for me in Windows 7 Ultimate…I just tested it again to confirm.
Working OK here on Vista too.
Thanks for your answers.
I don’t use Internet Explorer, but it occurred to me that some update routines connect using it in background.
I cranked it up, and got some hang and other problems, so I reinstalled IE 8.
After a bit of fiddling about with IE, my PA updates were back to normal.
Well figured out. :)
The mysteries of Internet Explorer.