Outlook Plugin Encryption Bugs

• Hello,

There appears to be a couple bugs when encrypting an attachment using the Outlook plugin.

• The first bug can be reproduced by checking the options “Rename the ext. to ??_” and “Use AES encryption”.

When attaching the file, the plugin asks for a password and sends the file. The attachment, however, is not encrypted. It can be extracted without having to provide the password.

This is true with all zip options.

• The next one is more of an annoyance, but if you use the option “Compress & Encrypt (use PowerArchiver options)”, you are asked for the password 4 times (enter password, confirm password, enter password, confirm password).

The file, however, is actually encrypted.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate RTM, PA 11.6.0.23, PAO 2.03.03.

I’m open to the idea that I’m making a noob mistake, so feel free to correct me if so inclined…:D

Thanks,
    Kevin

• conexware

@kevlingo:

Hello,

There appears to be a couple bugs when encrypting an attachment using the Outlook plugin.

• The first bug can be reproduced by checking the options “Rename the ext. to ??_” and “Use AES encryption”.

When attaching the file, the plugin asks for a password and sends the file. The attachment, however, is not encrypted. It can be extracted without having to provide the password.

This is true with all zip options.

• The next one is more of an annoyance, but if you use the option “Compress & Encrypt (use PowerArchiver options)”, you are asked for the password 4 times (enter password, confirm password, enter password, confirm password).

The file, however, is actually encrypted.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate RTM, PA 11.6.0.23, PAO 2.03.03.

I’m open to the idea that I’m making a noob mistake, so feel free to correct me if so inclined…:D

Thanks,
    Kevin

nice!

Users

Topics