Just tried using the Modern (Windows 10) Icon set and seeing a few missing icons in both PowerArchiver Burner and PowerArchiver Encryption screens . They are all there in the Minimalistik icon set and the only difference I can see is the former is blue and the latter grey. In version 22.00.9
there were some security issues fixed in 7zip:
As it seems, that PowerArchiver and PACL use the 7zip libraries, could you please update them to the latest version?
I noticed that the version of ZPAQ used is older than the latest released 7.15 https://mattmahoney.net/dc/zpaq.html also there seems to be a newer fork that adds several features https://github.com/fcorbelli/zpaqfranz
It would be useful to implement this latest version (it also maintains the same syntax and behavior as the latest official release if used the -715 flag) and add when opening a zpaq file a choice of the version of the files to show (e.g. as dummy folders represented the various versions present). Since any previous changes are stored with this format, it is possible to extract a snapshot of a certain date/version.
If I open a password-protected zipper file (created with WinRAR but I think that’s irrelevant), open it with PowerArchiver and run “Remove Encryption” on the same file, then reopen it and add a password with “Encrypt Archive,” the resulting archive will be protected with the old ZipCrypto algorithm and not AES as indicated.
(this can be verified, for example, by trying to open the archive files with Windows Explorer, which does not support the AES algorithm)
PA 21.00.18 running on Windows 7 64 bit.
I made a big .PA file and thought I’d check it was made correctly with Menu / Actions / Test.
a) PA always issues a UAC prompt to do this!
b) PA always says there are many errors in PA files.
PA fails to extract Aion open beta client
I have PA 2010 (Version 11.60.10) installed. I downloaded the Aion open beta client (e.g. ftp://ftp.ncsoft.com/Aion/Client/Torrent/AionFullInstaller_188.8.131.52.zip.torrent) and verified the zip using MD5 sum. PA was not able to extract the content…. 7zip did the job.
Have the same issue, the .ZIP is like 9+GB, maybe that’s the issue. I came here after trying to extract the same file. I used Windows explorer ultimately!
Somehow this got lost with other bugs, very nice, will check it out!
Ivan will love going through 9 GB archive :-).
I am glad it got bumped, when it comes to over 2 GB, quite few older (and even newer) utilities work in misterious ways and not according to official specs :-). So its nice to have example accessible like this…
Let us know how it works out, I’m very curious!
we added support for it already…coming out tonight… archive had some weird offsets, but works now.
11.60.15 is out via web update or download page, check it out and let us know how it works with this reported issue.