Compression/File Extension Type

• i have created 3 back up jobs to run at various times overnight :

on all 3 jobs i have chosen the standard “.ZIP” compression, rather than the newer .ZIPX , and made sure that the file name ended in zip - i.e.

19-08-2009_mybackup.zip

however - the physical output file is always created as .ZIPX , i have renamed it - and opened it with an older zip utility - which appears to read the archive with no problem - so its more of a curiosity rather than a problem

this may be reporting an older thread , my apologies if it does

• Alpha Testers

I can confirm this…double checked to make sure I’d selected zip and not zipx but the backup still ended up with a zipx extension.

I think it all stems from where you enter your ‘archive filename’ as seen in screenshot…
    it defaults to zipx and it’s here I changed it an everything worked fine.

• Thanks for your comment moles42

i do remember actually checking this when i created the backup parameters, and also has happend on 3 backup jobs…

i also opened up the backup job script file and double checked

[General]
    Archive=Z:\Backup\Daily\daily.zip < –— ZIP 🙂
    TimeStamp=1
    TimeStampText=Y-M-D_
    TimeStampMode=1
    ScanArchive=0
    Overwritef=0
    AddQueue=0
    AddLocal=1
    AddLocal2=0
    AddLocal3=0
    LocalDir2=
    LocalDir3=
    IncludeSubFolders=1
    IncHidden=0
    Compression=1
    CompressionM=1

however - what i have noticed, which is interesting (well i think so), when creating a backup, and going thru the wizzard , even though i selected ZIP in the file name, and ZIP as the compression type - when getting to the end of the wizzard and selecting “backup now” - it created a ZIPX file - HOWEVER - the next day when the 3 jobs ran automatically as part of a schedule they created a correct ZIP file - so im wondering if its a bug in the wizzard (backup brogram), where subsequent runs are read from the backup script file

(i hope this makes sense) …

• conexware

please try with .12 release (redownload Preview version from our site), we didnt do anything specifically for this, but i could not reproduce it.

thanks!

Users

Topics

Copyright © 1998-2018 ConeXware, Inc.
All rights reserved. Privacy Policy