Small GUI issue with PA2010 on limited user accounts

• Hi,

I’m reporting a small issue with the interface of PowerArchiver 2010. It only happens on limited or standard user accounts in Windows. I attached screenshots of the problem.

When used in an administrator account PowerArchiver 2010 shows a small list of buttons right next to the big yellow orb in the upper left corner. That list of buttons is marked inside a red rectangle in my screenshot.

When used in a standard or limited user account, that list is not visible at all. It’s completely missing as shown in the other screenshot. Maybe this is a bug.

Though I’d let you know. 🙂 Thanks for making PowerArchiver. It’s my favorite archiver and only one I use.
    attachment_t_4073_0_problemos.png
    attachment_t_4073_1_problemos2.png

• That’s called the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT).
    Which Windows and what actual version of PowerAchiver (check Help/About).

In your limited account, when you right click on a Toolbar Button are you able to add it to the QAT (e.g. Batch Archive)?

• @TBGBe:

That’s called the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT).
    Which Windows and what actual version of PowerAchiver (check Help/About).

In your limited account, when you right click on a Toolbar Button are you able to add it to the QAT (e.g. Batch Archive)?

You = the man. 😃 Your post solved my problem!! When I right click on a button in the toolbar, there is an option to add to the Quick Access Toolbar, and if I do that, the QAT appears in the upper left corner of the window. Thanks! I guess the problem was that when you install PowerArchiver it only puts some buttons in the QAT toolbar for the admin account that you used to install PA, but doesn’t put anything into the QAT toolbar for all the other accounts. I guess I was also being a little stupid when I didn’t check things out better. Well it works now, that’s what matters.

The Windows version was XPSP3 and PA version 11.50.61 so not the latest but close. Thanks again!

• Ok 😃

Users

Topics