Shell Extension removal from 2010 –> 2007

• Hello,

I have a license for PA 2007. I installed the newest version (2010) and then went back to PA 2007. In the shell extension are now a lot of stupid entries from the PA 2010.
    How can I remove then?
    Regards
    Martin

• conexware

@Wild:

Hello,

I have a license for PA 2007. I installed the newest version (2010) and then went back to PA 2007. In the shell extension are now a lot of stupid entries from the PA 2010.
    How can I remove then?
    Regards
    Martin

did you uninstall PA 2010? If so, did you reboot your computer afterwards?

• Hello!

Yes, of course I uninstalled the PA 2010. I reboot the computer as well. Finally I found a work-around.

• Uninstall all PA
    • Install PA 2010
    • Remove all shell extensions commands (not disable shell extension)
    • Uninstall PA 2010
    • Install PA 2007

Thanks for the help!

@ Developers: Uninstall is not proper and leaves some entries in registry or where ever

• A much quicker way would of been that after uninstalling the application just remove the following in the registry;

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software_PowerArchiver_\

Also remove the PowerArchiver folder in your windows “Program Files”, ensuring their arnt any redundant files etc…

You shouldnt need to uninstall, reinstall, then remove then uninstall and reinstall! takes seconds to wipe the registry and program folder directory.

This should resolve any issues.

• conexware

thats good advice by sir richard. Windows Installer, when you upgrade over applications several times, will sometimes leave registry key after uninstall because it didnt put it there so it tries to be smart and it fails :).

• Alpha Testers

remembering of course though guys that most users see the ‘Registry’ as the “Black Hole of Calcutta”…:) a terrifying experience for most…:)

• @moles42:

remembering of course though guys that most users see the ‘Registry’ as the “Black Hole of Calcutta”…:) a terrifying experience for most…:)

Moles42, I totally agree with you. The 1st time I played with the registry I currupt the system and ended up having to format my Hard drive.

However, Should any of PowerArchiver’s customers need advice and support we have a great team of PA Developers, Alpha & Beta testers that are more than happy and skilled to offer advice and guide them through the process should such area be black hole to them.

Obviosly, if you are not comfortable in editing the registry try using registry cleaners that automatically check your registry for redundant threads and removes them.

ccleaner is a well known opensource freeware application that has a good registry cleaning process.

• Alpha Testers

good recommendation Richard…CCleaner is a must have application in my opinion.

didn’t mean to alarm any of the members with the word ‘Registry’…BOO!..:)

Users

Topics

Copyright © 1998-2018 ConeXware, Inc.
All rights reserved. Privacy Policy