Encryption / Backup Express Lite

• Hello there.

i come across your Proggie only 2 days ago and i realy like it.
    I got only one Problem with it so far witch is very important to me (and maybe others),
    when i create a new Backup Script, i have noticed that the Password witch is used for this script is taken to the registry in Clear Letters.

This is for me a very Bad thing to do so, is there a way to make a script ( for encrypted Arcives) with out storing the Passwort in Registry

• conexware

@Mlot:

Hello there.

i come across your Proggie only 2 days ago and i realy like it.
    I got only one Problem with it so far witch is very important to me (and maybe others),
    when i create a new Backup Script, i have noticed that the Password witch is used for this script is taken to the registry in Clear Letters.

This is for me a very Bad thing to do so, is there a way to make a script ( for encrypted Arcives) with out storing the Passwort in Registry

Hi,

Indeed, it is not good if the computer is compromised, however keep in mind that info is stored in the PBS file, not the registry. There was no way to encrypt this data properly without braking support for previous versions of PowerArchiver which would choke on encrypted 160 bit hash :-).

Keep in mind also that PABE is made for casual, repeated backups, and in that sense if someone has access to your PBS script, they also have access to the data you are backing up.

We will try to make it work in next versions, without braking support for PBS in previous versions of PowerArchiver.

thanks,

Users

Topics