Just tried using the Modern (Windows 10) Icon set and seeing a few missing icons in both PowerArchiver Burner and PowerArchiver Encryption screens . They are all there in the Minimalistik icon set and the only difference I can see is the former is blue and the latter grey. In version 22.00.9
there were some security issues fixed in 7zip:
As it seems, that PowerArchiver and PACL use the 7zip libraries, could you please update them to the latest version?
I noticed that the version of ZPAQ used is older than the latest released 7.15 https://mattmahoney.net/dc/zpaq.html also there seems to be a newer fork that adds several features https://github.com/fcorbelli/zpaqfranz
It would be useful to implement this latest version (it also maintains the same syntax and behavior as the latest official release if used the -715 flag) and add when opening a zpaq file a choice of the version of the files to show (e.g. as dummy folders represented the various versions present). Since any previous changes are stored with this format, it is possible to extract a snapshot of a certain date/version.
If I open a password-protected zipper file (created with WinRAR but I think that’s irrelevant), open it with PowerArchiver and run “Remove Encryption” on the same file, then reopen it and add a password with “Encrypt Archive,” the resulting archive will be protected with the old ZipCrypto algorithm and not AES as indicated.
(this can be verified, for example, by trying to open the archive files with Windows Explorer, which does not support the AES algorithm)
PA 21.00.18 running on Windows 7 64 bit.
I made a big .PA file and thought I’d check it was made correctly with Menu / Actions / Test.
a) PA always issues a UAC prompt to do this!
b) PA always says there are many errors in PA files.
Renaming a file being viewed
1. Open an archive containing a viewable file (e.g. a TXT file).
2. From the archive, open the TXT file in a text editor.
3. Rename the TXT file in PA (right click, select “Rename…”).
4. Change file in text editor, close text editor, and switch to PA. You will be prompted to update the file in the archive. The names don’t match. (See attached image.)
5. Say “Yes” to the update prompt. Now there will be two files–the original file with the new name, and an updated one with the original name.
My thought was that PA should either:
A) Not allow the rename at all (not a good idea).
B) Allow the rename after a prompt reminding the user that the file is open in an external editor.
C) Allow it as normal, but after updating the file (i.e. step 5 above), update it using the new name, rather than adding a second file. (This option makes the most sense to me.)
this is going to count as 1/2 bug.
It occurs to me that you could have an archive with multiple files, open File1, then rename both files in the archive so File2 becomes renamed to File1. Obviously you wouldn’t want to automatically replace File1 since it started life as File2…
Yeah, it’s complicated. :)