PA 2009 & DVD burning

• Hi,
    I have a question on DVD burning with PA2009:

One of my folders that holds around 7GB files (within its subfolders). I wanted to burn this folder on a DVD (single layered). I was surprised to see that after entering the folder to burn, I got no warning except for the red bar. So I thought PA2009 was going to span files over 2 DVD, but it crashed (froze) at the end of DVD 1, and after a reboot, I saw that the 1rst DVD was supposed to hold all the files (the “FAT” equivalent was listing all of them).

I have not tried backup yet, just the regular burning feature.

Is this normal ?

• conexware

yes, PA does not span discs automatically right now and it is not that simple to implement in the future either.

• Thanks for the confirmation. Still, it would be nice to have a stronger warning before burning is started.

• conexware

@MerleOne:

Thanks for the confirmation. Still, it would be nice to have a stronger warning before burning is started.

we will add it to the list for the future versions… we do allow for overburning if possible, which is why it proceeds.

• @spwolf:

we will add it to the list for the future versions… we do allow for overburning if possible, which is why it proceeds.

OK. To be honest, I said PA froze at the end of DVD1, but this might also be due to a glitch I sometimes get while burning DVD. If this also happens on your side, you might want to add a way to exit more gracefully.

Thanks !

Users

Topics