Download this ZIP file: http://dslstats.me.uk/files/dslstats32W-6.5.zip
Everything in the ZIP file is in a directory “dslstats32W-6.5”.
However when I extract using right click “Extract Here” the name of the directory created is “2W-6.5” !
I am running PA on Windows 11. I have seen the same happen with some other kinds of archive too.
If I compress a folder to a .pa using right click, Compress to folder.pa and use the new Windows 11 menu then the Options, Configuration, Miscellaneous, Use normal relative path setting is always enabled.
But I like this option disabled so I have to use the old style menu in order to get PA to compress a folder in the way I wish.
Just tried using the Modern (Windows 10) Icon set and seeing a few missing icons in both PowerArchiver Burner and PowerArchiver Encryption screens . They are all there in the Minimalistik icon set and the only difference I can see is the former is blue and the latter grey. In version 22.00.9
there were some security issues fixed in 7zip:
As it seems, that PowerArchiver and PACL use the 7zip libraries, could you please update them to the latest version?
I noticed that the version of ZPAQ used is older than the latest released 7.15 https://mattmahoney.net/dc/zpaq.html also there seems to be a newer fork that adds several features https://github.com/fcorbelli/zpaqfranz
It would be useful to implement this latest version (it also maintains the same syntax and behavior as the latest official release if used the -715 flag) and add when opening a zpaq file a choice of the version of the files to show (e.g. as dummy folders represented the various versions present). Since any previous changes are stored with this format, it is possible to extract a snapshot of a certain date/version.
If I open a password-protected zipper file (created with WinRAR but I think that’s irrelevant), open it with PowerArchiver and run “Remove Encryption” on the same file, then reopen it and add a password with “Encrypt Archive,” the resulting archive will be protected with the old ZipCrypto algorithm and not AES as indicated.
(this can be verified, for example, by trying to open the archive files with Windows Explorer, which does not support the AES algorithm)
PA 21.00.18 running on Windows 7 64 bit.
I made a big .PA file and thought I’d check it was made correctly with Menu / Actions / Test.
a) PA always issues a UAC prompt to do this!
b) PA always says there are many errors in PA files.
PA2010 dropping Readonly attribute
Don’t know if this is a bug or I have maybe just got bad settings, but since I switched to PA2010 extracted files no longer have the Readonly attribute when it was there on the original file. This is critical for me in one particular usage where I need to preserve the Readonly attributes for all files in a large nested diretory archive. This was fine on PA 2009 - I am using latest RC of PA2010 on XP.
Could you write what method of compression you’re using? I just checked with 7z (optimized), and it works fine for me
Edit: Oh, yeah, now I see what you mean. Tried both .zipx (again, optimized and ultra) and .cab (maximum), and I can confirm that the read-only attribute isn’t saved. Still does on .7z, though.
please check updated/latest release from today:
this should work fine now, please check it out.
Now it works for me on all archive types except TAR (and it doesn’t work for all 3 TAR methods).
I should mention that I didn’t try every method in every archive type, just those of TAR (because the first didn’t work). For the others, I used the best configuration. I don’t know if that matters.
Perhaps realj42 can tell us if it works for him now, as well.
Beautiful - works a treat for me now. Thanks for a quick turnaround on that one.