Please Notice: For fastest support from PowerArchiver team, contact us via our Support page

Switching Interface loses Quick Access Toolbar

• Upgraded to Beta 2 (50.11.37); PA started in Modern View.
    Switched to Classic View - then Switched back to Modern and when PA restarted (automatically) the Quick Access Toolbar was missing.

Uninstalled PA and rebooted. Installed Beta 2 and selected Modern View, no other options changed (running unregistered) - QAT is present.
    Closed PA, restarted and switched to Classic.
    Closed PA, restarted and switched to Modern - Quick Access Toolbar is now missing.
    The right-click option to select above or below Toolbar is available and either option can be selected.

Note: Still running unregistered.

• I can’t confirm the problem above…
    QAT working fine for me following TBGBe’s steps but I am using registered PA.

• @moles42:

but I am using registered PA.

So am I - I only tried reinstall without registering to be as default as possible.

Regarding my problem, with the Modern active (no QAT) I tried “set Defaults”

• PA restarted/switched to Classic view :eek:

Switched back to Modern, but still no Q.A.T. 😞

• strange indeed Terry…
    I’ve tried every variation I can think of to confirm this bug but I can’t.

stupid question but when uninstalling did you clean registry entries and C:\Windows\Prefetch of all traces?
    it’s just a practice I have when uninstalling anything these days…as you can see I’m clutching at straws here…:(

• conexware

it might be something more specific than that… we will take an look…

• @moles42:

strange indeed Terry…
    I’ve tried every variation I can think of to confirm this bug but I can’t.

Yes, but I have had it before - with the restarting problem. So before beta 2.

@moles42:

stupid question but when uninstalling did you clean registry entries and C:\Windows\Prefetch of all traces?

No. I believe PA configuration is held under single Reg Key. So uninstall and reboot is all that is needed.
    I have never touched Windows/Prefetch 😕

• @spwolf:

it might be something more specific than that… we will take an look…

Ok.
    Just for clarification :
    The QAT was present after performing the upgrade; and after uninstalling / reinstalling.
    It disappears after the skin switch (Modern / Classic / Modern) and stays gone after further switches and restarts.
    I can’t find a way to make it reappear except for uninstalling / reinstalling.

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.