Download this ZIP file: http://dslstats.me.uk/files/dslstats32W-6.5.zip
Everything in the ZIP file is in a directory “dslstats32W-6.5”.
However when I extract using right click “Extract Here” the name of the directory created is “2W-6.5” !
I am running PA on Windows 11. I have seen the same happen with some other kinds of archive too.
If I compress a folder to a .pa using right click, Compress to folder.pa and use the new Windows 11 menu then the Options, Configuration, Miscellaneous, Use normal relative path setting is always enabled.
But I like this option disabled so I have to use the old style menu in order to get PA to compress a folder in the way I wish.
Just tried using the Modern (Windows 10) Icon set and seeing a few missing icons in both PowerArchiver Burner and PowerArchiver Encryption screens . They are all there in the Minimalistik icon set and the only difference I can see is the former is blue and the latter grey. In version 22.00.9
there were some security issues fixed in 7zip:
As it seems, that PowerArchiver and PACL use the 7zip libraries, could you please update them to the latest version?
I noticed that the version of ZPAQ used is older than the latest released 7.15 https://mattmahoney.net/dc/zpaq.html also there seems to be a newer fork that adds several features https://github.com/fcorbelli/zpaqfranz
It would be useful to implement this latest version (it also maintains the same syntax and behavior as the latest official release if used the -715 flag) and add when opening a zpaq file a choice of the version of the files to show (e.g. as dummy folders represented the various versions present). Since any previous changes are stored with this format, it is possible to extract a snapshot of a certain date/version.
If I open a password-protected zipper file (created with WinRAR but I think that’s irrelevant), open it with PowerArchiver and run “Remove Encryption” on the same file, then reopen it and add a password with “Encrypt Archive,” the resulting archive will be protected with the old ZipCrypto algorithm and not AES as indicated.
(this can be verified, for example, by trying to open the archive files with Windows Explorer, which does not support the AES algorithm)
PA 21.00.18 running on Windows 7 64 bit.
I made a big .PA file and thought I’d check it was made correctly with Menu / Actions / Test.
a) PA always issues a UAC prompt to do this!
b) PA always says there are many errors in PA files.
'Sort By' issue
I found in Beta 2 that if you use the ‘Sort By’ option with your left mouse button as indicated in screenshot 1 and you leave your mouse on this area then PA hangs indefinately until you move the mouse away.
using the right mouse button option and selecting your ‘sort by’ choice works fine.
another thing I noticed is that PA flashes briefly when using the first option and reveals an ‘extracting files’ box behind the main GUI before returning to the foreground.
please see attached screenshots.
yep, thanks moles!
Please check beta 3 via web update or download page and let us know if this issue has been fixed… thank you!
it’s still hanging in beta 3 when the mouse is left on the ‘sort by’ section but I’m not getting the ‘extracting files’ box behind the main GUI anymore so at least that’s one area fixed.
ah, now i understand the sort issue
thanks, the issue should be fixed in updated b3.
.41 is up on download page so downlad it and give it a whirl, it should be fine now.
excellent work guys…works perfectly now… :)