Please Notice: For fastest support from PowerArchiver team, contact us via our Support page

FTP Backup

• Hi, I’ve been using PA for a while, and this is something I always wanted to know if it’s possible.

• Can PA backup my websites? you have FTP, and schedule backups, but what I want is the opposite. I want to schedule a full backup of an FTP location. Hopefully with the same parameters as a regular backup, incremental files, etc…… so in other words, I want PA to ftp to my site’s server, grab all new files, make a 7ZIP file and store it on my local PC/DVD/USB DRIVE, etc.

I’m currently using another product to do this, but they don’t offer compression…it seems like you program could do this easily… I hope 🙂

• conexware

you cant… not right now. PA it is cool feature for the future for sure (someone already suggested it).

• It was probably me……I think you guys have all the components…

• PA is already the most incredible backup software I know and have been using it for YEARS!

But

Among all the other things it can do can it back up stuff to my hard drive from an ftp site. I want to create a compressed backup of my website and its contents to my hard drive.

• conexware

thank you - someone has made this suggestion before… i will try to find it and merge them together, later on…

• Alpha Testers

I think this is the one your looking for spwolf

• conexware

for PA 2011, we are almost decided on overhauling FTP component, so we will see then if this can make it in…

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.