FTP Backup

• Hi, I’ve been using PA for a while, and this is something I always wanted to know if it’s possible.

• Can PA backup my websites? you have FTP, and schedule backups, but what I want is the opposite. I want to schedule a full backup of an FTP location. Hopefully with the same parameters as a regular backup, incremental files, etc…… so in other words, I want PA to ftp to my site’s server, grab all new files, make a 7ZIP file and store it on my local PC/DVD/USB DRIVE, etc.

I’m currently using another product to do this, but they don’t offer compression…it seems like you program could do this easily… I hope 🙂

• conexware

you cant… not right now. PA it is cool feature for the future for sure (someone already suggested it).

• It was probably me……I think you guys have all the components…

• PA is already the most incredible backup software I know and have been using it for YEARS!

But

Among all the other things it can do can it back up stuff to my hard drive from an ftp site. I want to create a compressed backup of my website and its contents to my hard drive.

• conexware

thank you - someone has made this suggestion before… i will try to find it and merge them together, later on…

• Alpha Testers

I think this is the one your looking for spwolf

• conexware

for PA 2011, we are almost decided on overhauling FTP component, so we will see then if this can make it in…

Users

Topics

Copyright © 1998-2018 ConeXware, Inc.
All rights reserved. Privacy Policy