Mounting other type of image files

• Hi all,

As PowerArchiver Pro is able to mount ISO file thank to Virtual drives, what about using this facility to mount other archive type as .NRG for example ?

• Yes, that would be great…! Hoped it was available in the 2010 version.
    Anyway, let’s cross our fingers it will be available someone in the near future.

• Any developmonts on mounting other filetypes, like .bin, .nrg ?

thanks

• conexware

there will be some cool changes to VD for PA 2011…

… as to the bin, most of them will work if you renamed .bin file to .iso… forgot the details, maybe multisession ones will not…

• I very vaguely remembered that someone told me about this a long time ago, so I already gave that a try.
    PA gave some kind of warning and cud not handle the file (I forgot what kind of warning though).

Assuming I got it wrong after all, went on to search and install an ‘ISO-program’ to handle the bin-files.
    As far as I cud see my installed Nero cud only handle iso files.

Yes, I confess…
    I still have Nero installed. I have not thoroughly tested PA enough to see whether it could replace Nero, for burning video DVD’s and audio CD’s. :o

80-90% of the Nero I don’t need (all the multimedia-stuff): I use its burning features only. Am using v.8.x and don’t update it anymore. Already slightly doubted when updating fm 6 to 7. It got bloatware and most of the reactions on the lite version are negative.

So, maybe at the next fresh Windows-install, I skip it and see whether PA can handle all the burning.

Anyway, that aside… not handling the bin-file triggered me to post a comment again on this thread.

=

• @Claude:

Hi all,

As PowerArchiver Pro is able to mount ISO file thank to Virtual drives, what about using this facility to mount other archive type as .NRG for example ?

You know what tool is excellent for that? Virtual Clone Drive. It’s free also.

Users

Topics

Copyright © 1998-2018 ConeXware, Inc.
All rights reserved. Privacy Policy