Drag&drop issues when preview active

• v11.03.04 bug report: When the preview window is open, drag & drop of files from the file browser to an Explorer folder or the desktop fails. Very rarely drag and drop will work when preview is open, but only if the preview window has done rendering.

Possible fix: put the preview window on a separate thread from whatever handles your drag and drop events? 🙂

-Joan

• what operating system are you running what programs are running at the same time you use powerarchiver how much ram do you have.

• conexware

@wohali:

v11.03.04 bug report: When the preview window is open, drag & drop of files from the file browser to an Explorer folder or the desktop fails. Very rarely drag and drop will work when preview is open, but only if the preview window has done rendering.

Possible fix: put the preview window on a separate thread from whatever handles your drag and drop events? 🙂

-Joan

we will take an look, thank you.

• OS: XP and Vista, appears under both. RAM, anywhere from 2GB to 6GB. CPU either dual (Core 2 Duo) or quad core (Q6600). No other active applications. According to Task Manager I’m neither CPU nor RAM bound.

• conexware

what are you previewing and how long does the “rending” last? What is rendering - extracting of files that are being previewed?

thanks!

• Alpha Testers

it only happened to me if I tried to drag from PA browser window to desktop before the image had rendered in the preview window…in all fairness though PA was dealing with pretty large images which took a second or two to display in full.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics

Copyright © 1998-2018 ConeXware, Inc.
All rights reserved. Privacy Policy