PA 2009 requires admin privileges to run as a normal user on Vista?

• I purchased and installed PA 2009 Pro, and every time I run it as my non-admin user on Vista Ultimate, it requests the admin password. When I cancel, it still operates, however, it should NOT be doing any actions that request admin privileges anyways.

Any way to fix this?

• Hi Mrp,
    Welcome to PowerArchiver forums!
    PowerArchiver requires Admin permissions only to associate file extensions and to mount Virtual Drive.
    What happens before it prompts for your Admin password? Does it ask to Associate Files?

thanks,
    Serhiy

• I noticed the command being issued by the icons installed during the installation process is _pasetup.exe /paassociate, even though I’m calling POWERARC.exe.

• @mrp:

I noticed the command being issued by the icons installed during the installation process is _pasetup.exe /paassociate, even though I’m calling POWERARC.exe.

ok, PowerArchiver attemts to associate files with itself during startup. Maybe some other application installed on your PC does the same? Do you have any other archiver installed?

• PowerArchiver is the only archiver I have installed. When I go into the configuration settings after changing some associations, when it starts up, they are still configured as I had set previously. So it appears that the associations are being set, but it still requires admin for some reason or another.

Other applications I’ve used in the past, would store these associations on a per-user basis, whereas this seems to want to store everything as the administrative user.

Ideas?

• Please go to Options > Configurtion Window > File Formats and set the “Show Associate window if archives not associated with powerArchiver” checkbox.
    Close and open PowerArchiver. When Associate Dialog appears check the “Never show this message again” checkbox and click NO.

thanks,
    serhiy

• Excellent. Thank you!

Users

Topics

Copyright © 1998-2018 ConeXware, Inc.
All rights reserved. Privacy Policy