For some reason, the PowerArchiver functions in the Windows 11 context menu no longer work after the last Windows Update. Only the functions in the classic context menu function as they should.
I’ve tried uninstalling PowerArchiver and using RevoUninstaller to remove all bits and pieces that were left behind and did a clean install of PowerArchiver, it didn’t fix the issue. Other items in the Windows 11 context menu work.
I installed powarc-macos20001.dmg and I am attempting to create a password protected zip file. When I create the zip in the UI it doesn’t write the file to the destination folder. No error message is displayed. The PA app has full folder permission. I’m new to Mac, but have been running PA on Windows for a long time.
Will there be a new version of the Mac version soon?
Hi! I came across an issue when I tried to uninstall PowerArch 2013. I got an error “The specified account already exists” which broke the process. I got the same error when I tried to install the current version, without uninstalling the previous one.
So I can’t uninstall and I can’t install PowerArchiver. Any suggestions? OS Windows 8.1 x64.
This appears to be happening again with the Power Archiver 2022 shell extensions.
When I have Use Explorer Shell Extensions enabled in Power Archiver Configuration and right-click on c:\Users\username\Start Menu, (hidden Junction file), File Explorer crashes.
I have version 21.00.15 (03/2022) 64-bit installed in Windows 10 Version 21H2 (Build 19044.1826).
The online update feature within the program suggests there is a later version than the ‘.17’ available on the web site. But clicking either download or update just reinstalls version .17.
Either there isn’t an update OR
the “download” and 'update" links should be repaired.
When you click on the Buy Now link, you come across four tabs - Home or Work, Enterprise Unlimited, Educational Discount, & Gift Discount.
What is the difference between a licence purchased via Gift Discount and a Home/Work licence?
Also, how can I renew the PowerArchiver Select plan a year after the purchase? Will it remind me automatically?
I’m running PA 21.00.17 64-bit on a 64-bit i7 desktop with W10 Pro, latest version. This 32gb of installed RAM.
As I use the PA pbs system for a number of scheduled archiving operations throughout the day, PA Starter is set to load and run at system startup.
In the course of trying to identify some causes of slowness and bottlenecks in other processes, I notice that PA Starter (PAS) always runs at between 11% and 15% of CPU (see screenshot), usually at about 12-13%. This is by far the highest demanding process on the system, as shown by Task Manager. In Performance Monitor, PAS Average CPU is 8.32, with every other process at less that 1 i.e. in decimal places only.
Task Manager also shows PAS Power Usage as “Very High”, and is the only process shown thus.
I have looked again at the information about PAS at https://wiki.powerarchiver.com/en:help:details:powerarchiver_starter, which was last modified in 2016. The article states a low memory usage for PAS of 784k, which is fair enough, but it is the large CPU overhead which is of concern.
It is of course possible to change the PAS priority, but this has no effect on CPU overhead.
However, is it possible to change PAS, which is required only at intervals to initiate PA scheduled tasks, from consuming so much system resource for every moment of the day?
I’m experiencing very slow extraction speed of multipart RAR files. For the first part the extraction is super fast but when PA reaches the part2.rar the extraction from there on gets super slow. PA needed for a 6,3 GB multipart archive 30 minutes to extract. I tested then with another program and it just took 70 seconds. I had this slow extraction speed with PA for quite a long time and I always thought that is maybe because of a high compression rate that the extraction would take longer. But it seems that only PA gets that slow.
I have lots of multipart archives that are 10+ GB and with PA it would be really time consuming. Is there any solution to this?
PowerArchiver 2009 11.03 - Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Here is “beta” release for you to enjoy over the holidays. Rest of the languages will be posted in official release on Monday. Virtual Drive will be updated Monday as well to reflect changes in whatsnew below… Thanks for being our loyal fans :D
Version 11.03 [December/2008]
- PowerArchiver now remembers password for shell extract session (multiple files).
- Backup now creates new folders if needed to create destination backup.
- Expanded extract button MRU to 10, added shortcuts and icons.
- Mount/Unmount option added in PA Starter main menu.
- Added ALT+D shortcut to switch focus between treeview and filelist.
- Added F6 shortcut to focus on address bar.
- Added GO button in address bar.
- Improved tabbing between PowerArchiver windows.
- Increased border size of the windows (preview, etc) so they can be dragged easily.
- Improvements in shortcuts in main PowerArchiver and shell extensions.
- More tips/hints added.
- Various minor translation updates.
- Fixed Bug #924: Canceling during zip load crashes PA.
- Fixed Bug #910: Backup does not save zip spans properly.
- Fixed Bug #927: Testing archive via shell opens folder.
- Fixed Bug #930: Extracting RAR archives with CRC error cancels extraction.
- Fixed Bug #929: Converting to same format exits convert tool.
- Fixed Bug #928: Can not encrypt/convert tar.gz to zip aes.
- Fixed Bug #078: Adding to folders/paths does not work in tar,bh, cab, lha.
- Fixed Bug #925: Can not create 7z if Optimized or Store is used.
- Fixed Bug #919: SFX Wizard does not create SFX’s in specific situations.
- Fixed Bug #916: Virtual Drive always disabled in Starter.
- Fixed Bug #889: Nvidia drivers SFX detection does not work in 64bit shell.
- Fixed Bug #918: Plugin issues with progress bar.
- Fixed Bug #957: Extract shell extensions unicode issues.
- Fixed Bug #907: First archive does not extract properly if wrong password session saved.
You can download it via web update (English Only).