Download this ZIP file: http://dslstats.me.uk/files/dslstats32W-6.5.zip
Everything in the ZIP file is in a directory “dslstats32W-6.5”.
However when I extract using right click “Extract Here” the name of the directory created is “2W-6.5” !
I am running PA 22.00.09 on Windows 11. I have seen the same happen with some other kinds of archive too.
If I compress a folder to a .pa using right click, Compress to folder.pa and use the new Windows 11 menu then the Options, Configuration, Miscellaneous, Use normal relative path setting is always enabled.
But I like this option disabled so I have to use the old style menu in order to get PA to compress a folder in the way I wish.
Just tried using the Modern (Windows 10) Icon set and seeing a few missing icons in both PowerArchiver Burner and PowerArchiver Encryption screens . They are all there in the Minimalistik icon set and the only difference I can see is the former is blue and the latter grey. In version 22.00.9
there were some security issues fixed in 7zip:
As it seems, that PowerArchiver and PACL use the 7zip libraries, could you please update them to the latest version?
I noticed that the version of ZPAQ used is older than the latest released 7.15 https://mattmahoney.net/dc/zpaq.html also there seems to be a newer fork that adds several features https://github.com/fcorbelli/zpaqfranz
It would be useful to implement this latest version (it also maintains the same syntax and behavior as the latest official release if used the -715 flag) and add when opening a zpaq file a choice of the version of the files to show (e.g. as dummy folders represented the various versions present). Since any previous changes are stored with this format, it is possible to extract a snapshot of a certain date/version.
If I open a password-protected zipper file (created with WinRAR but I think that’s irrelevant), open it with PowerArchiver and run “Remove Encryption” on the same file, then reopen it and add a password with “Encrypt Archive,” the resulting archive will be protected with the old ZipCrypto algorithm and not AES as indicated.
(this can be verified, for example, by trying to open the archive files with Windows Explorer, which does not support the AES algorithm)
PA 21.00.18 running on Windows 7 64 bit.
I made a big .PA file and thought I’d check it was made correctly with Menu / Actions / Test.
a) PA always issues a UAC prompt to do this!
b) PA always says there are many errors in PA files.
PowerArchiver 2009 11.03 - Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Here is “beta” release for you to enjoy over the holidays. Rest of the languages will be posted in official release on Monday. Virtual Drive will be updated Monday as well to reflect changes in whatsnew below… Thanks for being our loyal fans :D
Version 11.03 [December/2008]
- PowerArchiver now remembers password for shell extract session (multiple files).
- Backup now creates new folders if needed to create destination backup.
- Expanded extract button MRU to 10, added shortcuts and icons.
- Mount/Unmount option added in PA Starter main menu.
- Added ALT+D shortcut to switch focus between treeview and filelist.
- Added F6 shortcut to focus on address bar.
- Added GO button in address bar.
- Improved tabbing between PowerArchiver windows.
- Increased border size of the windows (preview, etc) so they can be dragged easily.
- Improvements in shortcuts in main PowerArchiver and shell extensions.
- More tips/hints added.
- Various minor translation updates.
- Fixed Bug #924: Canceling during zip load crashes PA.
- Fixed Bug #910: Backup does not save zip spans properly.
- Fixed Bug #927: Testing archive via shell opens folder.
- Fixed Bug #930: Extracting RAR archives with CRC error cancels extraction.
- Fixed Bug #929: Converting to same format exits convert tool.
- Fixed Bug #928: Can not encrypt/convert tar.gz to zip aes.
- Fixed Bug #078: Adding to folders/paths does not work in tar,bh, cab, lha.
- Fixed Bug #925: Can not create 7z if Optimized or Store is used.
- Fixed Bug #919: SFX Wizard does not create SFX’s in specific situations.
- Fixed Bug #916: Virtual Drive always disabled in Starter.
- Fixed Bug #889: Nvidia drivers SFX detection does not work in 64bit shell.
- Fixed Bug #918: Plugin issues with progress bar.
- Fixed Bug #957: Extract shell extensions unicode issues.
- Fixed Bug #907: First archive does not extract properly if wrong password session saved.
You can download it via web update (English Only).