Just tried using the Modern (Windows 10) Icon set and seeing a few missing icons in both PowerArchiver Burner and PowerArchiver Encryption screens . They are all there in the Minimalistik icon set and the only difference I can see is the former is blue and the latter grey. In version 22.00.9
there were some security issues fixed in 7zip:
As it seems, that PowerArchiver and PACL use the 7zip libraries, could you please update them to the latest version?
I noticed that the version of ZPAQ used is older than the latest released 7.15 https://mattmahoney.net/dc/zpaq.html also there seems to be a newer fork that adds several features https://github.com/fcorbelli/zpaqfranz
It would be useful to implement this latest version (it also maintains the same syntax and behavior as the latest official release if used the -715 flag) and add when opening a zpaq file a choice of the version of the files to show (e.g. as dummy folders represented the various versions present). Since any previous changes are stored with this format, it is possible to extract a snapshot of a certain date/version.
If I open a password-protected zipper file (created with WinRAR but I think that’s irrelevant), open it with PowerArchiver and run “Remove Encryption” on the same file, then reopen it and add a password with “Encrypt Archive,” the resulting archive will be protected with the old ZipCrypto algorithm and not AES as indicated.
(this can be verified, for example, by trying to open the archive files with Windows Explorer, which does not support the AES algorithm)
PA 21.00.18 running on Windows 7 64 bit.
I made a big .PA file and thought I’d check it was made correctly with Menu / Actions / Test.
a) PA always issues a UAC prompt to do this!
b) PA always says there are many errors in PA files.
.iso creation - Add folder not working.
PowerArchiver 2009 Pro (11.00.55) on Windows XP pro sp3 + all patches.
When adding a folder with a deep folder structure to an .iso disk image, not all files or folders are added, and the application crashes.
I was trying to create a disk image for a some software that I purchased as a digital download. When adding the folder, not all of the sub-folders or files were added. Some are added, but only a small number of files & folders actually appear in the Image Builder window.
Properties for the folder I’m trying to add to the disk image:
PowerArchiver 2009: Image Builder says:
After each attempt, If I close the Image Builder window & try adding the same folder again without closing all other PowerArchiver windows it adds a small number of files & folders and says:
If I close all Power Archiver Windows & try again I get different (seemingly random) results shown above.
If I click the “Remove All” button in the Image Builder - the program Locks Up, and results in “This Program is not responding” dialog.
If I click the “Remove” button in the Image Builder - nothing happens.
If I attempt to add multiple files after trying to add the folder the program locks up, and results in “This program is not responding” dialog.
PS - sorry if this has already been covered, but the search function is not working for the forums (Tried IE7 & FireFox 3)
PPS - search started working after I posted this.
whats the size of the files that you are trying to create? thanks!
I’m not sure I completely understand your question. Do you want the entire directory structure, complete with file sizes for every file?
The file of the .iso that was created by another application for the exact same set of files was 532MB.
ok, thanks - we will check it out and let you know if we need anything else.
I’m having a similar issue when creating an iso dropping a folder tree into the structure is not working correctly.
mulitple instances of the same file appear to get added and other folders and files are ignored completely
There was an extensive rework of add folder feature in both iso maker and all of the burner tools. We spent considerable time to rewrite these options so they work as fast as they possibly can right now.
Please check RC1 via web update and let us know if everything works properly now.
I tried with two different sets of files, and everything seems to be working fine now.