Please Notice: For fastest support from PowerArchiver team, contact us via our Support page

Incorrect message for incorrect password

• Trying to extract a password protected rar file (just one 75MB video) using shell, I entered a wrong password and PA gave me the “CRC error - continue YES/NO” dialog 😕

Then I retried entering the correct password - extracted OK.

Then I thought to check from PA GUI.
    But now when I tried to extract and entered an INCORRECT password, the file extracted OK :eek:

Realised that PA had stored the correct password in Password Manager - should this be ignored when INCORRECT password is entered via dialogue? Or maybe have a “Use Password Manager” dialogue / Option instead?

Then I deleted the stored password.

Now incorrect password gave the same CRC dialogue.

Then I tried again - but pressed Cancel on the Password entry dialogue (nothing entered). PA reported “incorrect password” :p followed by the “CRC Error dialogue” again.

PA 11.00.55

• conexware

Noted and sent to Dev team!

Thanks!!

• conexware

@TBGBe:

Trying to extract a password protected rar file (just one 75MB video) using shell, I entered a wrong password and PA gave me the “CRC error - continue YES/NO” dialog 😕

Then I retried entering the correct password - extracted OK.

Then I thought to check from PA GUI.
    But now when I tried to extract and entered an INCORRECT password, the file extracted OK :eek:

Realised that PA had stored the correct password in Password Manager - should this be ignored when INCORRECT password is entered via dialogue? Or maybe have a “Use Password Manager” dialogue / Option instead?

Then I deleted the stored password.

Now incorrect password gave the same CRC dialogue.

Then I tried again - but pressed Cancel on the Password entry dialogue (nothing entered). PA reported “incorrect password” :p followed by the “CRC Error dialogue” again.

PA 11.00.55

I am not sure if we can have better error - we will check.

So PPMD is not used for shell - will see if we can add that as well… thanks!

• @spwolf:

I am not sure if we can have better error - we will check.

So PPMD is not used for shell - will see if we can add that as well… thanks!

PPMD 😕
    Password Manager did store the password from shell - that’s why first incorrect password in GUI was ignored.
    Unless you mean the “ask to save password” dialogue - which does not appear from shell.

• conexware

@TBGBe:

PPMD 😕
    Password Manager did store the password from shell - that’s why first incorrect password in GUI was ignored.
    Unless you mean the “ask to save password” dialogue - which does not appear from shell.

wait - did it use password from PPM in shell or not?

thanks

• Sorry if I confused you.
    Sequence was

1. download rar
      … new archive so no passwords stored
    2. extract through shell - using incorrect password
      … CRC error
    3. extract through shell - correct password
    4. Check in GUI with incorrect password
      … extracted ok
    5. deleted from password manager (stored from step 3)?

etc.

Didn’t use shell again - all further testing (Cancel etc) using GUI.

• conexware

Please check RC1 via web update and let us know if everything works properly now.

thank you!

• Fixed in RC1 (11.00.65).

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.