Please Notice: For fastest support from PowerArchiver team, contact us via our Support page

Proxy Settings

• Situation:
    I’m trying to download and install the PA 2009 Virtual Device Drivers for the Virtual Drive functionality.

Background:
    Here @ work, they just implemented a proxy server that has security credential required to pass through (integrated with domain logons; the software package is “bluecoat”). I set the proxy settings in the “Configuration” window to point to the proper proxy, but I keep getting the error: 'Could not retrieve version information from the Internet. Error: “Proxy Authentication Required.” ’

Is there another way to set the proxy information that would allow the connection to use authentication?

Regards,
    -T. Panar

• conexware

you can email us via support form and we will send you info… thanks!

• TY for the response. Will do.

• Just for anyone else that may be looking at this thread wondering about an answer, no, there is no way currently to use authenticated proxy to access the updates; I have to manually download them.

• conexware

@tpanar:

Just for anyone else that may be looking at this thread wondering about an answer, no, there is no way currently to use authenticated proxy to access the updates; I have to manually download them.

to be more correct, for Virtual Drive, they have to contact us via support form to get the link.

thanks,

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.