Please Notice: For fastest support from PowerArchiver team, contact us via our Support page

Virtual drive interface

• I like the idea of a virtual drive with PA2009, but the user interface is for a lack of a more elegant term "horrible!” I was almost died laughing when I realized I had to virtually un-plug the drive to unmount an ISO. Wow, don’t think I will be using that feature in PA2009 again. :eek:

• conexware

@skypx:

I like the idea of a virtual drive with PA2009, but the user interface is for a lack of a more elegant term "horrible!” I was almost died laughing when I realized I had to virtually un-plug the drive to unmount an ISO. Wow, don’t think I will be using that feature in PA2009 again. :eek:

whats the difference?

PAVD Wizard interface is for begginers who dont use Daemon Tools and such. Hence the Wizard so they understand what they are doing.

But really, how would you unmount an ISO? It is still the same amount of steps:
    1. Launch Tool
    2. Select Action (unmount)
    3. Select Drive

• @spwolf:

whats the difference?

PAVD Wizard interface is for begginers who dont use Daemon Tools and such. Hence the Wizard so they understand what they are doing.

But really, how would you unmount an ISO? It is still the same amount of steps:
    1. Launch Tool
    2. Select Action (unmount)
    3. Select Drive

I thought PA wasn’t for beginners, for example my wife uses winzip because she could care less about different types of compression (.zip vs. .7z) IMHO without the mount - unmount menu via right click, the virtual drive in PA2009 is harder to use, not to mention a lot slower. Just my 2 cents, I’m not trying to ruffle any feathers. 🙂

• conexware

@skypx:

I thought PA wasn’t for beginners, for example my wife uses winzip because she could care less about different types of compression (.zip vs. .7z) IMHO without the mount - unmount menu via right click, the virtual drive in PA2009 is harder to use, not to mention a lot slower. Just my 2 cents, I’m not trying to ruffle any feathers. 🙂

its for everyone :).

Rome was not built in one day, gotta start somewhere 🙂

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.