2009 B1: Preview of WMV causes error

• So far out of 3 zip files that contain WMV’s I get an error message when previewing. I have also gotten the error with AVI (DivX & XVid).

After I close the error dialog the video plays in the preview pane. See the attached screenshot.

Im running Vista Business SP1 with 4GB Ram, NVidia 8600 GTS (512MB). WMP 11 with XVid and AC3 codecs installed.
    attachment_t_3188_0_error.png

• conexware

do you get the same thing when you play them in wmp? Or?

• Tested all of the m in WMP and no error. Something else I forgot to mention. If I click on a video I get the error. I then close the error message and the video starts playing. If I click the video again while its playing, I get the error again.

Its not possible to drag a video from PA and drop it into a folder because simply selecting the file raises the error.

• conexware

how big are those wmv’s? seems to work here…

thanks

• conexware

p.s. there will be another skinning contest in August I believe 🙂

• had this problem with faulty codecs that could be the problem, windos media playing bad codecs

• @spwolf:

p.s. there will be another skinning contest in August I believe 🙂

Thats great news! But do people still use skins since the Office UI came along? Still Im looking forward to it.

@davidsplash:

had this problem with faulty codecs that could be the problem, windos media playing bad codecs

Well I narrowed down the problem a bit. Only WMV’s produce the problem.

MPG, Indeo AVI work just fine. Every single WMV I have thats encoded with v8 and v9 cause the problem. A while back I had installed Windows Media Encoder and uninstalled it. Maybe thats the problem?

Otherwise I have no trouble viewing the vids in WMP. If no one else is having this issue then it has to be isolated to my configuration.

• Update

The problem is only present when Windows Media Encoder v9 is installed. Running Vista x86 SP1 and WMP 11.

Users

Topics

Copyright © 1998-2018 ConeXware, Inc.
All rights reserved. Privacy Policy