FTP Quick Connect UI issue

• I was trying out the quick connect feature of the FTP window in PA2009 Beta 1 and found that I cannot tab from the address field to the username field to the password field.

Something strange happens, as it looks like tabbing moves to the new field (the edit box gets a highlighted border) but there’s no caret/cursor and you can’t type into the field unless you click on it with the mouse.

Also, a minor nit on the labels for these fields - the label text is too close to the previous field, so that when a field is active and has a border, the border touches or just barely overlaps the first character of the next field’s label,

• conexware

Tip: Use Tab key, and when edit box gets a highlight border press Enter key to be able to enter some data.

• conexware

yes, it works like in office… I dont like it either but got to live with it… You have to press enter once you highlight the box or click inside of it.

thanks

• That works, but you’re saying that it’s working as designed? I can’t recall other edit boxes working like this. This behavior is in Office? Can you be a bit more specific? I’m not an Office power-user, so I’m not sure what part(s) of Office have this behavior. I’d like to experiment with it.

I can live with this as I don’t expect to be using FTP quick connect too much, but FWIW I can guarantee that this will irritate me if and when I do.

• conexware

@mwb1100:

That works, but you’re saying that it’s working as designed? I can’t recall other edit boxes working like this. This behavior is in Office? Can you be a bit more specific? I’m not an Office power-user, so I’m not sure what part(s) of Office have this behavior. I’d like to experiment with it.

I can live with this as I don’t expect to be using FTP quick connect too much, but FWIW I can guarantee that this will irritate me if and when I do.

if you use profiles, you will not have to enter details every time.

This is how these edit boxes work, yes. And I agree with you, it is annoying.

• conexware

we managed to improve this, works much better now… beta 2

• Thanks - much nicer.

• conexware

@mwb1100:

Thanks - much nicer.

agreed too… cant believe how much little things can matter? 🙂

Users

Topics