Please Notice: For fastest support from PowerArchiver team, contact us via our Support page

UAC in Vista

• Is anybody else annoyed by the User Account Control in VISTA together with PA?

Everytime I open an archive, I have to enter the password of my administrative account. It seems, that there are some things running in PA, which need admin privileges (the program requesting is “_pasetup.exe”).

If I cancel this, PA works also as expected.

Is it possible to remove this startup things?

• Alpha Testers

I just took delivery of a new laptop this week with Vista premium on it. I have not come across any issues with UAC and PA.

I’m still busy just trying to find where things are in Vista so don’t know why you are having this bother. Hopefully someone else will know why.

• conexware

@thb:

Is anybody else annoyed by the User Account Control in VISTA together with PA?

Everytime I open an archive, I have to enter the password of my administrative account. It seems, that there are some things running in PA, which need admin privileges (the program requesting is “_pasetup.exe”).

If I cancel this, PA works also as expected.

Is it possible to remove this startup things?

does it ask you for associations? if so, did you click yes to associate?

And what version of PA are you using?

thanks

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.