Please Notice: For fastest support from PowerArchiver team, contact us via our Support page

10.2 Broken Under Vista!

• I wasn’t having any problems until I upgraded to 10.2. Now I have all sorts of problems. Some examples:

I tried to extract the MSDN .iso of Outlook 2007 and PowerArchiver extracts the first 3.5 MB of 250 MB and then just exits as if it’s done. No error dialog, just a partial directory of extracted files.

I try to archive a directory (from the Vista shell) with multiple folders and PowerArchiver doesn’t do anything and exits. I try creating a new archive manually, select the same folders withing PA to add them, but it won’t add them! This same set of folders archives perfectly with PeaZip.

Doing simple things, PA seems to work OK. But anything involving more than a few MB of data, it seems to fail? Again, the old version worked fine. Can I still download it anywhere?

I tried uninstalling and re-installing with no change.

Anyone else have any suggestions besides getting my money back and just using the opensource PeaZip (which doesn’t support ISO files)?

• conexware

what version of PA did you upgrade from?

• I’ve been getting the auto updates along the way. So I’m not sure what the previous version was before 10.20?

• conexware

@nwavguy:

I’ve been getting the auto updates along the way. So I’m not sure what the previous version was before 10.20?

try uninstalling and installing again and restarting your computer.

If that doesnt help - what compression format are you using and how big are those folders? What do you mean by using “Vista shell?”.

thanks!

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.