Please Notice: For fastest support from PowerArchiver team, contact us via our Support page

Using latest version (rc2) unable to….....

• Sorry to report this, I’m sure you guys are getting close to releasing a new version but I found a problem. If I right click some archives and try to extract them, the extract option is not available. I am only able to compress them. However, if I open the archive first, I am able to extract the files without any problems. I am using the 64 bit version of Vista.

The links below are just a few examples of archives I am unable to extract using the right click option.

Creative sound drivers

Nvidia video drivers

Latest Powerdirector patch

Thanks.

• conexware

did they work before? Support for them probably has to be added specifically… thanks.

• conexware

it works fine here - did you check Options> Conifg> Misc.> CAB SFX option under Speed menu?

that might be it…

thanks

• @spwolf:

did they work before? Support for them probably has to be added specifically… thanks.

I have been unable to extract the Nvidia archive for a while with the Vista 64, and I assumed Nvidia changed their archives for Vista until I was able to extract the files (via right click) with XP PRO. I have not tried the latest version (10.20.17) with vista 64, but I am assuming the issue was not addressed. I will try the lastest version when I get home from work today. Thanks.

• @spwolf:

it works fine here - did you check Options> Conifg> Misc.> CAB SFX option under Speed menu?

that might be it…

thanks

That’s great news! I’ll try it when I get home today. Thanks again.

• I installed the latest version (clean install) but I am still unable to extract self extracting CAB files via right click, even though the option is selected in the options by default. The attached picture illustrates the options I have;

Maybe it’a a Vista 64 issue? Thanks.

• conexware

@skypx:

I installed the latest version (clean install) but I am still unable to extract self extracting CAB files via right click, even though the option is selected in the options by default. The attached picture illustrates the options I have;

Maybe it’a a Vista 64 issue? Thanks.

yeah, it is probably feature missing from 64bit shell extensions, we will check it out for next release.

thanks!

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.