SFX file fails to run command after extraction

• I’m new to PA but have used 7-Zip, WinRAR, WinZip, ect. before. I’m used to setting up somewhat complicated scripts and using 7-Zip to build SFX files that run an install for me after the files are unpacked. I tried doing this with PA in the GUI but cannot seem to get it to work…

For instance, Firefox can do an unattended install if one uses the -ms switch.

Here are the options being used just before the SFX file is created…

#######################################
     PowerArchiver SFX Wizard
     http://www.powerarchiver.com
    #######################################

SFX set: 
                 C:\Documents and Settings\robs\Desktop\FIREFOX_UNATTENDED_INSTALL.EXE
                 7-ZIP SFX
                 Using password protection: No
                 Saving relative folder info
                 Include system and hidden files: No
    SFX Options: 
                 Caption : Firefox 2.0.0.6 Install (unattended)
                 Command Line : Firefox Setup 2.0.0.6.exe|-ms
                 Show sucess message : No
                 AutoRun SFX : Yes
    Files/Directories:
                 C:\Documents and Settings\robs\Desktop\Firefox Setup 2.0.0.6.exe

The file creation complete fine. I’ll normally test them in a Virtual machine like VMWare Server or VirtualBox. The extraction seems to work fine but I figured it would run Firefox Setup 2.0.0.6.exe -ms after the extraction completes. However, as I’m watching task mangler, I see no evidence of the setup running nor do I see any evidence of the app being installed. I check the %TEMP% folders and found where the files were extracted. If I see a 7-zip file in there, I can run it and it will bring up the setup wizard for FF.

Any ideas what I can do to make it work? Am I doing something wrong?

09-07-07
    1246 EDT

• conexware

ivan?

• im actually having a similar problem where when i put “setup.exe” in the run command line it says something like install through windows control panel. i dont know what im doing wrong

• conexware

@onelovekir:

im actually having a similar problem where when i put “setup.exe” in the run command line it says something like install through windows control panel. i dont know what im doing wrong

you need to specify path for file exactly - check help to see how to do it.

If you just enter “setup.exe”, Windows will look for it in its folders.

Users

Topics