Please Notice: For fastest support from PowerArchiver team, contact us via our Support page

SFX file fails to run command after extraction

• I’m new to PA but have used 7-Zip, WinRAR, WinZip, ect. before. I’m used to setting up somewhat complicated scripts and using 7-Zip to build SFX files that run an install for me after the files are unpacked. I tried doing this with PA in the GUI but cannot seem to get it to work…

For instance, Firefox can do an unattended install if one uses the -ms switch.

Here are the options being used just before the SFX file is created…

#######################################
     PowerArchiver SFX Wizard
     http://www.powerarchiver.com
    #######################################

SFX set: 
                 C:\Documents and Settings\robs\Desktop\FIREFOX_UNATTENDED_INSTALL.EXE
                 7-ZIP SFX
                 Using password protection: No
                 Saving relative folder info
                 Include system and hidden files: No
    SFX Options: 
                 Caption : Firefox 2.0.0.6 Install (unattended)
                 Command Line : Firefox Setup 2.0.0.6.exe|-ms
                 Show sucess message : No
                 AutoRun SFX : Yes
    Files/Directories:
                 C:\Documents and Settings\robs\Desktop\Firefox Setup 2.0.0.6.exe

The file creation complete fine. I’ll normally test them in a Virtual machine like VMWare Server or VirtualBox. The extraction seems to work fine but I figured it would run Firefox Setup 2.0.0.6.exe -ms after the extraction completes. However, as I’m watching task mangler, I see no evidence of the setup running nor do I see any evidence of the app being installed. I check the %TEMP% folders and found where the files were extracted. If I see a 7-zip file in there, I can run it and it will bring up the setup wizard for FF.

Any ideas what I can do to make it work? Am I doing something wrong?

09-07-07
    1246 EDT

• conexware

ivan?

• im actually having a similar problem where when i put “setup.exe” in the run command line it says something like install through windows control panel. i dont know what im doing wrong

• conexware

@onelovekir:

im actually having a similar problem where when i put “setup.exe” in the run command line it says something like install through windows control panel. i dont know what im doing wrong

you need to specify path for file exactly - check help to see how to do it.

If you just enter “setup.exe”, Windows will look for it in its folders.

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.