How to 7-zip a complete directory?

• Hi!

I used Winzip and Winrar before. Yesterday I changed to the new PowerArchiver.

I tried to compress a directory ‘test’ (‘c:\programs\test’) which contains some files and subdirectories. Everything worked fine, but the name of the directory (‘test’) wasn’t stored. I have only the files and subdirectories in it.

How can I create archives from a directory which contains the complete structure of this directory? I don’t want the complete Information (‘c:\programs\test’)!

Thanks & Greetings,
    Christian.

• @cjs:

I tried to compress a directory "test’ (‘c:\programs\test’) which contains some files and subdirectories. Everything worked fine, but the name of the directory (‘test’) wasn’t stored. I have only the files and subdirectories in it.

This is the default action, the directory test is treated as the ‘root’ folder
    @cjs:

How can I create archives from a directory which contains the complete structure of this directory? I don’t want the complete Information (‘c:\programs\test’)!

To create an archiver with files stored as ‘test\file1’ etc activate ‘use normal relative path’ under “options/miscellaneous” then compress the folder ‘test’ - not the files in the folder.

Users

Topics