PA 2007 beta, 10.10.24

• hey guys,

after installing pa 2007 beta 10.10.24 german version on a german vista business, we encountered some problems:

• we can confirm, the context menue’s in english and - what’s even worse, they don’t work… right click on a zip archive and select any powerarchive item does not result in any action.

• some links within the computer configuration are blocked, right click on computer - properties: the link “device manager” and “change product key” and some more are somehow blocked.

our testemonial was taken place on two different computers with fresh installed vista’s, no other pa was installed before.

after deinstallation of pa 2007, everything works fine again.

any hints ?

thanks in advance
    drizzi

addon: trying to configure shell extensions from within pa 2007 seems not to have any effect on the shell extensions.

• conexware

Hi,

we got report about shell ext but I am not sure about device manager. PowerArchiver does nothing to block Device manager?

Are you sure it is because of the PowerArchiver? It could be coincidence. We will check it out on our Vista computers.

thanks,

• hi ho 🙂

thanks for the quick respond.

we got report about shell ext but I am not sure about > device manager. PowerArchiver does nothing to block > Device manager?

try the way i described - right click on computer, properties. on vista computers, you will see on the left side a link to device manager, this one stops working as soon as powerarchiver is installed. same to the change product key…

Are you sure it is because of the PowerArchiver? It >could be coincidence. We will check it out on our Vista >computers.

yes, because we can reproduce this problem.

greetings
    drizzi

• conexware

Are you logged in as administrator? Device manager is only option there that requires Administrator level access. I have no problems accessing it in Vista, with PA installed?

thanks,

• hi spwolf,

yes i am administrator but uacl ( don’t know the english expression for it) is activated…

greetings
    drizzi

• conexware

Can you try with english version of PA? Please make sure you restart computer after installation.

thanks,

• hi spwolf,

the english version works fine… all problems are gone…

so it should a problem with the international one.

please feel free to inform me as soon as you need some more test on the international one.

greetings from germany
    drizzi

Users

Topics