Confusing shell extention

• i just used the new beta 6 version of powerarchiver only to be confronted with a office document optiomise option on the shell extension. However this feature is for open office document formats only and it should really say that on the shell extension as people can get confused aboiut this and think it does microsoft office documents s well.

• conexware

@davidsplash:

i just used the new beta 6 version of powerarchiver only to be confronted with a office document optiomise option on the shell extension. However this feature is for open office document formats only and it should really say that on the shell extension as people can get confused aboiut this and think it does microsoft office documents s well.

it works on both open office 2 and MS Office 2007… I dont see anything confusing since it only shows up if you right click on supported file type…

• i can comfirm this featrure does not work on word 2000 documanets.

However it is confusing as iu expected it to work on these. What iu was saying was confusing that there is no mention in the shell extension what format it is assocaited with. Only the help file sayes open office documents. But you say office 2007 can be optimised as well?

• conexware

@davidsplash:

i can comfirm this featrure does not work on word 2000 documanets.

However it is confusing as iu expected it to work on these. What iu was saying was confusing that there is no mention in the shell extension what format it is assocaited with. Only the help file sayes open office documents. But you say office 2007 can be optimised as well?

yes, and once you click over office 2007 file, you will get the option… if the file is not supported, it will not be displayed - as simple as that.

I dont think it is confusing at all.

Users

Topics