PA 2007 B6 Language change impossible

• I tried your Version B6 of Powerarchiver today. It seems to run fine for now (Core 2 Duo / Win XP 32bit). But I cant change the language. When I press the button “Change Language” nothing happens.

Process Monitor shows that a file named “PALAnguage.exe” is tried to be opened, but such a file does not exist in the install directory.

I’ve downloaded the german version and it seems that the appropriate language files are present within the language directory.

Is there a quick fix (such as a registry setting) or a link to the missing file ?

additional Info:

On a new installed system the language is set to german as expected but still can’t be changed. The Shell extensions remain in the standard setting and in english even if I alter those settings within Powerarchiver. If I open Powerarchiver again, the settings are like I set them but the shellextension’s are unaffected. Maybe the PALanguage.exe is the reason here also.

• I think, but could easily be wrong, that PA 10 is only in two languages right now. English and German. I also think that the language is depend on which version you download. I believe in the future, additional languages will be included, but once again I could easily be wrong.

• conexware

@Henry_Jones:

I tried your Version B6 of Powerarchiver today. It seems to run fine for now (Core 2 Duo / Win XP 32bit). But I cant change the language. When I press the button “Change Language” nothing happens.

Process Monitor shows that a file named “PALAnguage.exe” is tried to be opened, but such a file does not exist in the install directory.

I’ve downloaded the german version and it seems that the appropriate language files are present within the language directory.

Is there a quick fix (such as a registry setting) or a link to the missing file ?

additional Info:

On a new installed system the language is set to german as expected but still can’t be changed. The Shell extensions remain in the standard setting and in english even if I alter those settings within Powerarchiver. If I open Powerarchiver again, the settings are like I set them but the shellextension’s are unaffected. Maybe the PALanguage.exe is the reason here also.

there will be special multilanguage version where you will be able to do so… right now it is disabled in beta’s.

Users

Topics

Copyright © 1998-2018 ConeXware, Inc.
All rights reserved. Privacy Policy