Please Notice: For fastest support from PowerArchiver team, contact us via our Support page

One way to use AVG 7 with PA 2006

• I’ve been searching for the answer for a while, and with a little investigative work I found a method that works. It isn’t perfect but it produces the desired results.

I searched through the registry for any clues on how a file can be scanned from the context menu. I only found a path to avgse.dll, which of course will not work. No mention anywhere of variables that could be used in the parameters for it. However, I did find that you can put a path and file after the /SE switch.

1. I created a folder on my hard drive called PATemp

2. Changed the Temp Location, in the Folders tab, to this new folder, e.g. C:\PATemp\

3. In Program Locations the Optional virus scanner field is C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe, and the parameters field contains /SE “C:\PATemp”

Now I haven’t used all of PA’s features, but the virus scan will create a temporary folder in PATemp and scan the files within. After the process ends PA deletes that temp folder. I can’t say for sure what other PA processes create a temp folder there, and whether or not they are deleted upon completion. This is where the imperfection comes in: if anything else is in that folder, AVG will scan it too.

Anyway, it works for me so I’m happy. 😃

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.