TARing folders via Shell extension

• PowerArchiver v9.62.03

Using PowerArchiver’s shell extensions, two scenarios:

1. select the contents of a folder (a mixture of sub-folders and files) and use the shell extension “compress to filename.tar.bz2”)

2. select the folder itself and use the shell extension “compress to filename.tar.bz2”

With “Use normal relative path” unchecked in Miscellaneous options, I would expect the two scenarios to produce the same result.

Scenario 2, acts as expected and generates a tar.bz2 file full of files and sub-folders.

Scenario 1, for some reason ignores the sub-folders and I only get the files.

This only happens for tar files, 7zip, zip, lzh, cab all work as expected.

Is this a known problem or is it perculiar to my set-up?

Regards,

Justin

• conexware

so there is no path set at all for subfolders?

• conexware

for me, it works the same… it might be specific to some folder/file name possibly? Maybe try selecting only certain files/folder to see where the problem could be.

And try selecting some other files/folders, for instance inside PowerArchiver folder and see if that works.

thanks,

• conexware

it works when you use Compress+Options, but it does not work for compress to filename.tar.bz2 for sure. I have been able to reproduce it. It is an bug and should be solved in next release.

thanks!

• @spwolf:

it works when you use Compress+Options, but it does not work for compress to filename.tar.bz2 for sure. I have been able to reproduce it. It is an bug and should be solved in next release.

thanks!

Glad it’s not me going mad. I had done some test compressions just to make sure it wasn’t a file/folder/path name problem.

If it’s any help here are the results of my test compressions (1.13KB) (7zipped into one file.)

Regards,

Justin

Users

Topics