Skinning questions

• What determines the “grid” color?
    What determines the “Highlight archives” color?

Thanks for any info.

• conexware

Hi,

You can not customize grid color, but you can customize highlight archives color:

http://www.powerarchiver.com/skins/create.html

Highlightcolor= (convert HTML color into Decimal number in the Calculator i.e.: FF00FF is 16711935)

thanks,

• Thank you…. I didn’t relate the Hightlight color in the settings.ini, to the Hightlight archive color in the config… dOH! 😉

Wish the grid could be set, but that’s minor.

• conexware

maybe in the future? :-).

• Any chance the toolbar icons will ever support PNG. I’d like to make some, but I’ve been spoiled working with alpha blended images. I don’t care to fight with small icons that use single color transparency.
    Just curious……

• conexware

we hope… for now, PA’s toolbar automatically adds alpha blending. If you check out any of the skins, it actually looks like an real thing…

• @spwolf:

we hope… for now, PA’s toolbar automatically adds alpha blending. If you check out any of the skins, it actually looks like an real thing…

I don’t really understand how that works, but that doesn’t allow me to create an alpha blended icon. When applied I get jagged edges. I’ll just wait, and hope PNG support is added.
    Thanks…

• conexware

@Koasati:

I don’t really understand how that works, but that doesn’t allow me to create an alpha blended icon. When applied I get jagged edges. I’ll just wait, and hope PNG support is added.
    Thanks…

simply dont create aplha blended toolbar. Create one without alpha blending and then load it into PA. Check the icons then and see how they look disabled. Or simply download any skin from skins page and take a look at how toolbar looks.

• You’re not understanding me…… I don’t care to work with icons that aren’t anti-aliased against the background.
    I see how the toolbars look, and they are ok, but none are as slick as alpha blended images could be. If I wanted to make square-ish icons, there would be no problem. 😉

• conexware

Yep, we will try to add Alpha blending for toolbar in one of the future revision, problem is that our toolbar component does support PNG images with alpha blending but it doesnt support loading them from file.

Which is why we used automatic alpha blending which is much better than what we had before:

• Creating nice looking toolbar images can be difficult. What I normally do is work with transparent PNG’s.

After I put together a toolbar in PNG format I save it as a BMP. Open the file back up and re-color the alpha channel white.

This method works fine unless the image (button) is a round shape. Then I convert the alpha channel pixels to grey. I use RGB values of: 128, 128, 128 and also 192, 192, 192.

I attached an zoomed example showing alpha channel converted to the grey colors I mentioned.

Hope this helps.
    attachment_p_7010_0_example.jpg

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics

Copyright © 1998-2018 ConeXware, Inc.
All rights reserved. Privacy Policy