when clciking on powerarchiver update from within powerarchiver we get a windows for the update but it nows sayes script errors. I think it could be due to windows update in windows 10 can you look into it. By pressing cancel it seems to be ok. It seems that the page being displayed as erros on it.
From within PA on the extract popup, buttons are hidden, I must resize the window to get access to the OK/Cancel buttons. Tried on the default notebook screen (Macbook M1 Max 14") as well as on my external monitor (4k).Screenshot_2022-05-12_10-02-10.jpg
Ho già contattato il supporto con il modulo presente qui https://www.powerarchiver.com/it/contact/ da settimane ma non ho ricevuto riscontro e ora che ho aggiornato alla versione 21.00.15 ho notato che il problema persiste.
Quando clicco PDF Encrypt & Sign nel tab Crittografia appare la schemata riportata sotto come se mancassero le funzionalità.
I’ve already contacted support with the form here https://www.powerarchiver.com/it/contact/ weeks ago but I haven’t received any feedback and now that I’ve updated to version 21.00.15 I’ve noticed that the problem persists.
When I click on PDF Encrypt & Sign in the Encryption tab the schematic below appears as if the functionality is missing.
I have tried to burn a DVD with PowerArchiver 2022 Final, but it didn’t work because PA didn’t found the external DVD-Burner.
I have tried several burners from Sony, LG, Dell.
I have connected the burners with several USB-Ports but unfortunately without any success.
With other burning software, e. g. Nero, all burner worked perfect on each USB-Port.
The same problem occured with PA2018 and it was solved with an update, but I don’t remember the detailed software version.
Could you check the possibility of an bug, please?
Thank you for your support in advance!
Quando creo un archivio zip con un altro programma ad esempio Winrar se apro il file con Winrar vi sono visualizzati anche le date originali di Accesso e Creazione.
Se ottimizzo quel file zip con la funzione Ottimizza archivio di PowerArchivier (o creo un nuovo archivio) il file risultate non ha più le date originali di Accesso e Creazione.
C’è una opzione per preservare questi dati? (Non l’ho trovata nelle impostazioni del programma e ho già abilitato le opzioni “salva info complete cartella” presente in “Profili di compressione”)
When I create a ZIP archive with another program such as Winrar, if I open the file with Winrar, the original Access and Creation dates are also displayed.
If I optimize that zipper file with the Optimize Archive function of PowerArchivier (or create a new archive) the resulting file no longer has the original Access and Creation dates.
Is there an option to preserve this data? (I haven’t found it in the program settings and I have already enabled the “save complete folder info” options in “Compression Profiles”)
Upgraded from 2021 to 2022. Selecting ‘backup’ no scripts are showed. Only after editing and saving an existing script (explorer) it shows up in the PA backup folder.
So is the ‘backup’ icon to open the Backup screen only for creating ‘new’ ones. This means that you have to open ALL your old pbs files and to save them again… not user friendly.
No way to improve this ? Thank you.
PowerArchiver 2022 - Final Version - 21.00.15
Information about PowerArchiver 2022 - 21.00.15:
Thanks everyone for your assistance!
I have a 31" 4K screen with 3840x2160 pixel, which PA is able to handle - except of a scaling other than 100%.Access violation at address 0000000..DF47A4 in module 'powerarc.exe'. Schreiben of address 0000...00330.
When changing scaling for this screen to 125%, starting PA brings the following exception:
After closing this message, PA seems to work fine.
PA version 21.00.15 (03/2022) 64bit (tested with Win 10 and after upgrade Win 11)
Is there any chance to avoid this access violation or this message?
Thanks and regards,
the new Windows 11 context menu is not localized in PA 21.00.13.
While the classic context menu is localized, when it’s opened on a file on my desktop, it’s English, when it’s opened from a file on my C drive.
@Mili Are there updated localization files available?
I thought, I’ll give it a try and upgrade my PA 2018 Toolbox on my production machine to PA 2021 (20.10.03)Sending registration codes in your order recovery doesn’t seem to work at the moment (I also checked my junk folder), online activation works Using registry to disable modules (for example HKLM\SOFTWARE\PowerArchiverInt\General\DisableBurning) doesn’t work as expected with modern ui. The module is visible, but I’ll get the trial nag, if I try to open it. It’s almost fine in classic and ribbon mode.
“DisableClouds” and “DisableExplorer” seem not to be respected at all, while the classic UI seems to respect the setting to disable any other unused module:In settings I won’t be able to access the SmartAI settings and the settings for the internal editor if the FTP module is disabled
I confirm that, on my machine, 9.00.35 fixes the screen positioning problem.
Unfortunately, it suffers from lots of other bugs & problems that Power Archiver has suffered from for some time, some of which I reported back in 2002. See list below. Further details available on request.
1. When you try to create a new LHA archive using the Power Archiver “New” button on the toolbar, it crashes with an access violation once you’ve finished with the Add dialog box.
2. When creating an LHA archive (from the Explorer shell - the only way I managed to do it with getting an access violation), it fails to add an end-mark to the end of the file. (This is just a single byte containing the binary value 0. It needs to be appended to the end of the file to indicate there are no more files inside the archive.) Without this end-mark, the “official” lha32.exe utility complains about a missing end-mark when extracting or testing the archive.
3. Cannot cope with ZIP compression methods “DCLImplode” (used by PKZIP 2.50+ and the PKZIP run-time library), and “Reduce” (used by PKZIP 0.95, made obsolete by PKZIP 1.00+ but still supported for extraction up to PKZIP 2.04g and also by all versions of WinZip). For the Reduce method, the component that you use for extraction (Dynazip) calculates the CRC incorrectly.
4. The Test action does not work properly. Sometimes, when a file produces a CRC error, testing does not report problems with subsequent files. Other times, inability to decompress a file is not reported at all. This means that the Test action is unreliable, and therefore worthless.
5. Fails to recognize the default compression method of the Microsoft compress.exe utility (i.e. the method used when none of the -z, -zx or -zq options are given).
6. Fails to extract previous versions of a file in an ARJ Chapter archive. It lists all chapters (i.e. versions) of the file, but always extracts the latest version from the ARJ archive no matter which one you select to extract.
7. Fails to decompress .Z files, created with the unix “compress” utility.
8. Power Archiver uses an incorrect definition of the “System default” startup folder. It should work the way it does in WinZip and other utilities: the system default folder is the one I specify in the Properties box of the shortcut I use to run the utility. Instead, it considers the system default folder to be its installation folder.
9. Fails to create CAB archives containing files beginning with a dot character, i.e. “.*”, or containing certain non-English characters.
I have moved this post into thread of its own from:
Although, these should be in separate posts, according to their issues. Please post separate issues in separate threads or it will be much harder for us to deal with it.
1. - Can you explain step by step what have you done to get the error? (works here)
2. We will check it out
3. This is an Wishlist item, although I doubt we will support older/unused methods
4. Can you please explain situations in which specific case this does not work, without that we can not fix it.
5. This is an wishlist item, although I doubt we will support unused methods
6. Another wishlist item, we will check it out.
9. Thanks we will check it out. This is an open issue with CAB, BH formats.
You should have entered all these issues in separate posts, except for maybe 3,5,6,7. Nevertheless, thank you. Please report anything else you find.
Thanks, I will post separate items later (I’m busy right now) for those issues which need further information.
For the rest, thanks for looking at them. I don’t think it matters much if you don’t support old and hardly-ever-used compression formats/methods (items 3,5,6,7).
But it is important to recognise such unsupported methods and produce an appropriate warning message, rather than pretending to support them and getting into trouble half-way through reading the file.
I have fixed the issue with number 8.
Issue with number 1 I couldn’t reproduce - can you please explain step-by-step.
I will look into other decompression/compression issues related with special formats…