UNSOLVED PA 19.00.57 (and earlier) Duplicate files possible in .pa archive in some cases.
Fast Ring: PowerArchiver 2019 19.00.51/54/57
UNSOLVED GUI: In need of a complete overhaul
UNSOLVED GUI: move label
UNSOLVED GUI: too much frames
UNSOLVED PowerArchiver shell extensions possibly crashing windows explorer.exe
UNSOLVED Encrypt files inside archive that has already been created [.zipx]
UNSOLVED PA 19.00.51 / Access Violation
SOLVED PA 19.00.51 - bug / unwanted code execution
SOLVED Strange file size seen in 2019 portable
SOLVED Fast Extract large files directly to target directory
UNSOLVED Forums: double Search option in the settings (left side hamburger menu)
SOLVED Serpent-256 Encryption for PAE/PAE2
UNSOLVED Moving Files in to a 7Zip archive
UNSOLVED hang when using the Test function with 7z archives
UNSOLVED Some buttons in "Modern Look" are too small
Fast Ring: PowerArchiver 2019 19.00.30/31/32/33/39/40/41/43/44/46/47/48/49
UNSOLVED Searching for the specific Regkeys needed to default new installations in Modern Windows 10 not dark view
UNSOLVED E-Mail problem
I confirm that, on my machine, 9.00.35 fixes the screen positioning problem.
Unfortunately, it suffers from lots of other bugs & problems that Power Archiver has suffered from for some time, some of which I reported back in 2002. See list below. Further details available on request.
1. When you try to create a new LHA archive using the Power Archiver “New” button on the toolbar, it crashes with an access violation once you’ve finished with the Add dialog box.
2. When creating an LHA archive (from the Explorer shell - the only way I managed to do it with getting an access violation), it fails to add an end-mark to the end of the file. (This is just a single byte containing the binary value 0. It needs to be appended to the end of the file to indicate there are no more files inside the archive.) Without this end-mark, the “official” lha32.exe utility complains about a missing end-mark when extracting or testing the archive.
3. Cannot cope with ZIP compression methods “DCLImplode” (used by PKZIP 2.50+ and the PKZIP run-time library), and “Reduce” (used by PKZIP 0.95, made obsolete by PKZIP 1.00+ but still supported for extraction up to PKZIP 2.04g and also by all versions of WinZip). For the Reduce method, the component that you use for extraction (Dynazip) calculates the CRC incorrectly.
4. The Test action does not work properly. Sometimes, when a file produces a CRC error, testing does not report problems with subsequent files. Other times, inability to decompress a file is not reported at all. This means that the Test action is unreliable, and therefore worthless.
5. Fails to recognize the default compression method of the Microsoft compress.exe utility (i.e. the method used when none of the -z, -zx or -zq options are given).
6. Fails to extract previous versions of a file in an ARJ Chapter archive. It lists all chapters (i.e. versions) of the file, but always extracts the latest version from the ARJ archive no matter which one you select to extract.
7. Fails to decompress .Z files, created with the unix “compress” utility.
8. Power Archiver uses an incorrect definition of the “System default” startup folder. It should work the way it does in WinZip and other utilities: the system default folder is the one I specify in the Properties box of the shortcut I use to run the utility. Instead, it considers the system default folder to be its installation folder.
9. Fails to create CAB archives containing files beginning with a dot character, i.e. “.*”, or containing certain non-English characters.
I have moved this post into thread of its own from:
Although, these should be in separate posts, according to their issues. Please post separate issues in separate threads or it will be much harder for us to deal with it.
1. - Can you explain step by step what have you done to get the error? (works here)
2. We will check it out
3. This is an Wishlist item, although I doubt we will support older/unused methods
4. Can you please explain situations in which specific case this does not work, without that we can not fix it.
5. This is an wishlist item, although I doubt we will support unused methods
6. Another wishlist item, we will check it out.
9. Thanks we will check it out. This is an open issue with CAB, BH formats.
You should have entered all these issues in separate posts, except for maybe 3,5,6,7. Nevertheless, thank you. Please report anything else you find.
Thanks, I will post separate items later (I’m busy right now) for those issues which need further information.
For the rest, thanks for looking at them. I don’t think it matters much if you don’t support old and hardly-ever-used compression formats/methods (items 3,5,6,7).
But it is important to recognise such unsupported methods and produce an appropriate warning message, rather than pretending to support them and getting into trouble half-way through reading the file.
I have fixed the issue with number 8.
Issue with number 1 I couldn’t reproduce - can you please explain step-by-step.
I will look into other decompression/compression issues related with special formats…