How do you Test All Files in Subdirectories???

• I have a few hundred archives in one folder, but they are spread out in in a few hundred subdirectories (and they have different passwords).

My question is how do I can I test all the archives at once, how can I test and have it recurse through all the directories???

Winrar lets you test and recurse through subdirectories, but it doesn’t have a password manager, so it takes me like an hour to test all the archives, because it stops and I have to enter each password every time.

I thought PowerArchiver solved the problem with the Password Manager, but it doesn’t recurse through the subdirectories, from what I can figure out, you have to manually select each archive one at a time to test. That would take me several hours to test.

• conexware

Hello!

You can test multiple archives from Windows Expolorer. Select multiple archives and choose ‘Test’ from the right-click menu. If the option is not there, turn it on in PowerArchiver -> Options -> Configuration -> Shell Extensions.

But this only works for multiple files. No subfolders are scanned hence no files from subfolders will be tested.

• @ivan:

Hello!

You can test multiple archives from Windows Expolorer. Select multiple archives and choose ‘Test’ from the right-click menu. If the option is not there, turn it on in PowerArchiver -> Options -> Configuration -> Shell Extensions.

But this only works for multiple files. No subfolders are scanned hence no files from subfolders will be tested.

Thanks for the quick reply, I found a way to test the subdirectories also, but it takes a few steps:

In windows XP:

go to the directory with all the files and subdirectories,

then press F3 to do a search, then enter .zip,.rar, *.exe

from there I can highlight all the files and right click and test them all.

I hope in the next version of PowerArchiver you put the ability to to recurse through subdirectories.

Users

Topics

Copyright © 1998-2018 ConeXware, Inc.
All rights reserved. Privacy Policy