Comments on new skin library

• the filesize of the screenshots are too big. Each screenshot about 60kB. Maybe you can try another format like JPG or GIF

• a search function in the skin library would be great

• conexware

what would you search? You can sort by downloads or rating though… As to the screenshots, unfortunatly they look pretty bad in anything else than png…

• I would search for skin names like Apple Mac or LinuxSkin.

how about JPEG2000?

• How about a quick guide for installing a skin that has been downloaded (via browser).

Open psf file in PowerArchiver, extract to “Filename as folder”, choose “Options/Skins” is not exactly intuitive.

Or has anyone found a better/easier way when using an internet browser (not PA option) to download skins?

• conexware

@TBGBe:

How about a quick guide for installing a skin that has been downloaded (via browser).

Open psf file in PowerArchiver, extract to “Filename as folder”, choose “Options/Skins” is not exactly intuitive.

Or has anyone found a better/easier way when using an internet browser (not PA option) to download skins?

If you open PSF file in PA, it will ask if you want to install the skin and then if you want to use the skin. It is quite intuitive :-). You can click on skin on the webpage and choose open or choose save as and open it after it is downloaded.

What exactly happens on your computer?

• @spwolf:

If you open PSF file in PA, it will ask if you want to install the skin … choose save as and open it after it is downloaded. What exactly happens on your computer?

I do not get PA asking if I want to install the skin.
    Ahhh - If I do NOT have PA open, but doubleclick on “Green_Metal.psf” in Windows Explorer, then I do get the “install prompt”.

However, after downloading “Green_Metal.psf” try -
    Start PA,Open, Select Files of Type - “All Files”, choose "Green_Metal.psf"
    Opens with “normal” contents display -
    program.skn
    settings.ini

No install prompt - why not 😕

• conexware

it is assuming that you want to edit the skin (ie open it).

• @spwolf:

it is assuming that you want to edit the skin (ie open it).

In which case I would say ‘No’ to the install prompt. 🆒

Users

Topics