Gdiplus.dll not found

• Hello,

When view is set to “Explorer Display Style” then I get this message every time PowerArciver opens.

After pressing “OK” in that message the program opens normally and I see no other instability.
    attachment_t_1127_0_image1.jpg

• this looks like a missing file of windows bewst place to ask is microsoft as i believe this is a missing windows file.

• conexware

can you post rest of the screenshot? What version of Windows are you using?

thanks,

• Hi,
    this usually happens on Win 2k, when you install GDI+ library update from Microsoft Update site. As Win 2k doesn’t support GDI+, so the patch won’t install but registry entry for it will be added. So every time PA starts in Explorer mode, it tries to find this file.

The solution is simple - just copy from PC with Win XP this file and put it into Windows directory.

Alexander

• Hi everyone,

This is on Windows2000 SP4.
    I did a search and there are several gdiplus.dll in my system.
    It looks like every company installs a gdiplus along with their application (maybe that is common practice for win2k installations ?).

@Spywolf: There is nothing else to the message… the rest of it simply lists all my environment variables

I added PowerArchiver to the environment variables and copied one of the gdiplus files into the PowerArchiver directory. Now it seems to work fine. Maybe the installer should be detecting a win2k and be doing this automatically ?
    attachment_p_5105_0_image1.gif
    attachment_p_5105_1_image2.gif

• conexware

@ThomasAn.:

Hi everyone,

This is on Windows2000 SP4.
    I did a search and there are several gdiplus.dll in my system.
    It looks like every company installs a gdiplus along with their application (maybe that is common practice for win2k installations ?).

@Spywolf: There is nothing else to the message… the rest of it simply lists all my environment variables

I added PowerArchiver to the environment variables and copied one of the gdiplus files into the PowerArchiver directory. Now it seems to work fine. Maybe the installer should be detecting a win2k and be doing this automatically ?

Hi,

PowerArchiver does not install gdiplus dll. Apperantly some windows updated broke something, we will check it out and see if we can fix it from our side.

thanks