PA installation/update hijacks JAR association

• I have several programs that are actually JAR archives and install themselves as just shotcuts to JARs.

Every time I update PA and do not uncheck “Asscociate with recommended extensions” PA hijacks JAR. But when I open options –> File Formats - JAR is unchecked Still when I run programs from shortcut PA opens instead of program 🙂

Rather annoying

regards

=arvi=

• conexware

Thanks!

We will take care of this for 9.5.

• conexware

Right now if you leave associate with… check, it associates with PA’s default associations, without taking care of what your current settings is. Solution is to uncheck it :-).

I dont know what could the solution be in the 9.5, maybe uncheck it by default if PA is already installed?

• @spwolf:

Right now if you leave associate with… check, it associates with PA’s default associations, without taking care of what your current settings is. Solution is to uncheck it :-).

I dont know what could the solution be in the 9.5, maybe uncheck it by default if PA is already installed?

Probably I was not quite clear.

Default associations in PA do not include JAR. Just do a clean installation and verify Options -> Configuration -> File formats.

Still at installation it seems to associate everyting

Users

Topics