I noticed that the option to add the optimize archive function to the context menu is missing on Windows 10.
Opening each archive with the interface in order to click it becomes tedious with many files.
Same for others functions like Remove Archive Encryption
Personal wishlist PA2016
Some additions I’d love to see, just some suggestions ofcourse:
- When dragging a file from a zip in PA2016 to the desktop it doesn’t place it at your cursor but places it at the first available spot from the top left down. 7-zip for example places it at where your cursor is which is very handy.
- By default, turn ‘Play sound when operation is completed’ automatically off, it’s very annoying to hear a sort of ‘error’ beep when something completes.
- Upgrade the icons so the different archives are more easy to spot, now they sort of all look the same, a vague sort of folder. Make it like 7-zip, each format has it’s own icon.
- Startup speed needs to dramatically increase. Compared to 7-zip the startup speed is way way way to slow. And yes, I use a SSD (Samsung 850 Pro)
- Default explorer extensions are a big cluttered mess in my opinion. Place all the stuff under the PowerArchiver subfolder
Other than that, keep up the good work :)