Please Notice: For fastest support from PowerArchiver team, contact us via our Support page

PA 14.05.03 Program Crash

• Alpha Testers

Has anyone else encountered the latest version (14.05.03) crashing when closing the program ?
    it seems to be happening when accessing *.zip files…
    *.7z files don’t appear to be having the same issue.

_ Tested under Windows 8.1 Pro x64 conditions _

• Alpha Testers

Just in the process of downloading it Mole’s give me a couple of minutes and I’ll check.

• Alpha Testers

Seems to be closing fine here Moles.

• Alpha Testers

Hmmm…
    it’s always the case ‘Lux’…
    works for some and not others…:D

thanks for testing.

• Alpha Testers

@moles42:

Hmmm…
    it’s always the case ‘Lux’…
    works for some and not others…:D

Gives Mili something to do. 😉

• conexware

Tested here as well, opened Zip file 3 times and closed it differently each time.
    Let me know some more details on how to try and reproduce it and lets take a look.

• Alpha Testers

This will be hard to track down at present…
    it won’t crash when testing with 7z but it crashes 9 times out of 10 when testing random zip files.

will do a clean installation and re-test and report back.

• Alpha Testers

No change I’m afraid…:(
    same results as before and still testing with random zip/7z files.
    random crashing with *.rar files also I’ve since found out…
    7z seems to be the only stable format so far.

• Alpha Testers

Problem seems to be attached to my use of the ‘Preview’ window but still only occurs under the zip format.
    disabling the preview window seems to stop the crashing…will test further.

• conexware

maybe send the zipped settings over to support@?

• conexware

and what are you doing, just opening and preview or?

I tested 4-5 zip files quickly with preview and nothing really happens… i dont think any of the code related to preview has changed recently, but who knows.

• Alpha Testers

I just chose random zip/7z files and opened with the preview window active…
    each time I closed PA the program crashed when using a zip file…the 7z files however worked fine.

if I switched off the preview window PA worked fine and didn’t crash with either the zip or 7z files.

• conexware

just opened, nothing else?

• conexware

this seems to be tied to some setting possibly as i tried with 30+ archives… send that settings file over

• Alpha Testers

sent my PA configuration file over to support.

Problem has only surfaced with the latest build…never encountered it before.

• conexware

AV maybe? Scanning the extracted file and PA cant exit properly or something?

• Alpha Testers

nope…no av currently on my Windows 8.1 system

• conexware

Mili can try it tomorrow on his Win7

• Alpha Testers

I did the same tests in Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (Service Pack 1)…encountered no problems whatsoever.

I’m guessing this could be a tricky one to track down…
    seems strange the previous build worked perfectly and now this problem occurs.
    I haven’t installed any other software in Windows 8.1 since the latest build of PA.
    I don’t have any AV installed either.

• conexware

got the settings and have been testing extensively on a W8.1 machine with no luck.
    Have been trying different combinations of closing and previewing.
    How exactly are you closing PowerArchiver? and is a file actively being previewed at the time of closing?

if you can, please also send over a sample archive that I can try with as well.

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.