Important fix to attachment cloud

• Banned

Earlier I had proposed one fix to attachment cloud. There is a second that is more important.

Shorten “attachmentcloud” in the URL to, say, “AC.” Right now the URL is so long, that it occasionally gets wrapped in people’s email . . . and then they cannot use it (and don’t know how to copy and paste the wrapped line into their browser).

• conexware

i would guess html email with easy link will help there… right now some email software might not automatically show url’s as clickable links.

• Banned

I have been in a position over the past five years where I would send at least 5 URLs (and some days 50) a day, every day, to people at universities around the world. In my experience, at least 1 in 10 had trouble using long, wrapping URLs – even if I had gone to some trouble to avoid this problem (creating new line breaks before the start of a long URL, using tricks to make sure it is “blue lined.” I have about the same rate with ac. Changing 15 characters to 2 would ensure that it never happens with attachment cloud. No doing that means the product is less usable. If I cannot be sure that attachments get through, or worse, be sure that some of them don’t, that’s a problem. Then having to go on and resend them as full attachments defeats its purpose.

There may be another work around, but I don’t know what it is (even tinyurl or snipurl doesn’t always work, depending on the email settings of corporate firewall).

Users

Topics

Copyright © 1998-2018 ConeXware, Inc.
All rights reserved. Privacy Policy