Please Notice: For fastest support from PowerArchiver team, contact us via our Support page

Version info

• what i would like to see on all archivepa can create and backup files of pa, is a version header added so that i can see which version of pa has craeted that file.

This would aid in diagnosing pa version related bugs

for instance i can open backup in say one version of pa but i cant in another (only an example). if i go back to other pa version it doesnt have that problem hence the developers can identify the problem quicker.

• Xobni, has a diagnoses mode, I did make a suggestion sometime ago asking if PowerArchiver had a bug mode or diagnostic.exe

But to write something like that would possibly take a while and there are so many things on the table.

1 vote from me.

• conexware

such things do not exist in formats we support - or they are not used on purpose.

PA should always open file that PA created, no matter what version. If it doesnt, then it is bug and we would fix it.

• the reason why i said this is that in the past i have created several backups with different versions of powerarchiver muddled them up and forgot which version i used to create them and they didnt work in a version of powerarchiver.

I reinoputted them time consuming but if they had verion info in them i could of checked if it was the latest verion or older version bug and then you could track down that bug more easiley

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.