PA - Backup - Create Copy Option

• Team,

It would be great if you could add an option in the backup features for Copy.

I have setup a few templated backups. All setup virtually the same but the location is different or the password is disabled etc.

However, I find i have no choice but to re-create each one. Can you add a “Create Copy” made available in the Ribbon next to Edit, Run & Select? aswell as a right click option too.

a very small request, but would really help out long term.

• Banned

I think your proposal would be nice. However, you can currently do the same thing, albeit a bit more roundabout. Ho to the folder with the pbs scripts, choose the one you want, make a copy, and then rename it. You can then edit the new pbs to make the small tweaks you want. I have found that this works with only a couple of extra steps.

• @Socrates:

I think your proposal would be nice. However, you can currently do the same thing, albeit a bit more roundabout. Ho to the folder with the pbs scripts, choose the one you want, make a copy, and then rename it. You can then edit the new pbs to make the small tweaks you want. I have found that this works with only a couple of extra steps.

Cheers for the advice! I did actually know of that method. However, to be honest i forgot about it when describing the request and reasons.

But yes, you can easily copy, rename externally without PowerArchiver. However, as you agree with me it would be a nice feature to have.

And from my point of view, having a option to create a copy of a backup technically is what an Archive program should do 😉

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics

Copyright © 1998-2018 ConeXware, Inc.
All rights reserved. Privacy Policy