FTP connection

• Good day to all,

I can’t even get a single FTP connection, passive mode, port 21.
    Been trying many sites, with no success.
    I got KIS 2012, with PA autorisations all on green…
    Could you please help ?

• conexware

maybe if you send it to me (drazen) via email, i could try the same sites myself and then let you know (in confidentiality).

• hi drazen,

no problem with confidentiality, try this one :

ftp.kaspersky.com

anonymous login

• Ironically I reported this as an issue over a month ago after a change was made during Beta trials and still to this day i have issues.

the frustrating this is i know the ftp feature worked great before a particular amendment was made.

Let me know if you get this working as it should!

• thank you
    that might be a small bug, it used to work well with the precedent version

• Banned

I am not having this problem so I suspect there is a setting somewhere. . . .

Still, it would be nice to figure out where it is.

• thanks, i’ll try to look forward for any settings i could have missed, but no big hope, was on it all last evening !

• Alpha Testers

I couldn’t connect to ftp.kaspersky.com but I’m having no issues with any of my own sites.
    I realise that information doesn’t help matters but I thought I’d report it anyway.
    I was however able to connect to kaspersky using ‘cuteftp’

strange that I can connect with some sites using anonymous login in PA
    but using cuteftp I have no issues at all.

• thanks

i too can connect with kaspersky with filezilla, but not with PA

• Good day !

Me again, with FTP.
    When you try anonymous login, password is set as an email adress, right ?
    but PA doesn’t remember that adress, ,even after saving…

hope it can help.
    bye.

• conexware

you can put anything as the password in anon login, i dont think anyone actually puts their email anymore.

so you have to write in password each time?

• hi,

yes, rewriting PW is needed each time

• conexware

Anonymous password not saved when changed manually and not connecting to Kaspersky’s server either

logged them in, thanks guys!

• I’m still having loads of issues with my PA working on ftp… its eaither not connecting or really slow doings so.

Dam shame!

• conexware

@Sir:

I’m still having loads of issues with my PA working on ftp… its eaither not connecting or really slow doings so.

Dam shame!

well thank you for submitting proper report!

• @spwolf:

well thank you for submitting proper report!

I am pritty sure i did post a explanation and no one could submit a real answer. ie everyone seemed to be fine and me being the only one with this issue we shrugged it off as my system.

Like i said, it connects at times then stops. Yet if i connect through windows FTP in windows explorer it has no problems neither does any other FTP program.

Yet i enter the same details into PA FTP and it either stays on connecting for ages then connects and is fine or it just doesnt work.

its a very strange thing… because during alpha testing in its 1st month it worked like a charm! in my mind its every since the bug was fixed with the password box thats when i think i had issues… but i did report that in a thread and no one could answer me because theres was fine.

hense why i mention it now.

• conexware

we will update the ftp and see what happens then.

• @spwolf:

we will update the ftp and see what happens then.

your welcome to remote my system and i can give you all the specs, username passwords to my live drive… becaues i have run out of ideas myself buddy, o pall ow matey…

• Banned

I am not having any trouble connecting or uploading, either from the FTP window or the shell.

On the other hand, I cannot delete files on the remote site using PA’s FTP.

• conexware

@Socrates:

I am not having any trouble connecting or uploading, either from the FTP window or the shell.

On the other hand, I cannot delete files on the remote site using PA’s FTP.

this works with other utilities? Or is it due to lack of permissions?

Users

Topics