Please Notice: For fastest support from PowerArchiver team, contact us via our Support page

PowerArchiver 2011 Final

• Is the PowerArchiver 2011 final coming this week?

• Hi Keith,

I would place a bet on an RC5 being released before an actual Final.

We still are testing allot, and some suggestions have been made to enhance the user’s experience.

So personally, I would be supprised if a Final was out by the end of the week.

• conexware

soon… but not that soon.

we have to finish up the new website… otherwise final is .51 + 10 another fixes and thats it, not extra features or we will never finish it :-).

As you know Richard, .01, and .1 are usually not that far away.

thanks!

• Banned

I understand that you have priorities; I also understand that you cannot do everything; finally, I suspect there are things we propose that are too difficult or would benefit too few people.

So this is NOT to be done immediately. I am thinking a month or so down the road.

Over the past 4-6 months, there have been some really interesting suggestions. Why not encourage the regulars to go through these, pick out, and then rank, their top 5-8 proposals? See if you might get some agreement about tweaks that most people would find beneficial. Some of these come up in the wish list; others appear when describing this or that problem.

Just a thought.

• conexware

i thought we do that? 😉

• Banned

Sorry I was unclear.

Of course you make changes. But I am inclined to think that some suggestions get made once and, with everything else going on, get dropped. That’s no flaw, just the nature of the beast.

I thought that after a major release, we might collectively think about which of these changes would be best.

I couldn’t tell you all the proposals (since they come at different places in the forums). Such a list would help remind me of good suggestions I have forgotten.

Perhaps, though, others don’t think this meritorious or necessary.

Sorry you took this as a criticism. It was meant as anything but.

• conexware

i didnt :-).

• Socrate’s we take our Existing & Prospect user thoughts very seriosly and try and adapt it through a screening process whereby the Developers & Alpha testers discuss night and day what would be nice, great and vital to PowerArchiver’s future & its user base.

Everyone’s Suggestions are read. But as you can imagine there is allot of requests and even narrowing it down is time consuming and within that time you end up getting more and more requests.

I personally think powerarchiver is faster than its competitors when developing new features and improvements. But alas some are left behind… but no forgotten 🙂

Spwolf, I like the new site! Looking forward to the full release!

• I’m just hoping they can figure out that bug where RC4 triggers UAC when opening, but still opens even after I deny it (3 times) before a final version. I seem to be the only one with this issue though, at least among the posters here. No, I didn’t post it- I used email when I didn’t remember my password. As you can see I finally figured it out. 😉

• @Qun:

I’m just hoping they can figure out that bug where RC4 triggers UAC when opening, but still opens even after I deny it (3 times) before a final version. I seem to be the only one with this issue though, at least among the posters here. No, I didn’t post it- I used email when I didn’t remember my password. As you can see I finally figured it out. 😉

Hopefully they will! but even if they can’t make it before final with Patchbeam it could be “patched” under 3 seconds when they find the fix :D.

But I understand how frustrating it is when you want things to work before final…
    I’ve been nagging the developers for FTP, Ribbon changes, Configuration enhancements.

Guido Nags whenever he spots any detail that doesn’t act or look as it should hense why PA is so pretty 😉

Moles42 & luxor have been pushing for other areas such as Backup & Burner and issues with Virtual driver support etc

One happy family…

Keep posting the forums Qun Mang we do read them! Honeslty!

• conexware

@Qun:

I’m just hoping they can figure out that bug where RC4 triggers UAC when opening, but still opens even after I deny it (3 times) before a final version. I seem to be the only one with this issue though, at least among the posters here. No, I didn’t post it- I used email when I didn’t remember my password. As you can see I finally figured it out. 😉

it is always problem when we cant reproduce it, i know support has been trying to replicate the issue.

• Thanks, I know you’re looking. Just let me know if you need anything else from me. Just be warned, I will be away for most of the week starting tomorrow morning so if I don’t reply that will be why.

• Do you have the status of the completion of the new PowerArchiver 2011 website?

• Alpha Testers

a question I too pondered on Keith but I’m speculating that the release of a ‘Final’ for ‘PA’ might be of a higher priority at this current time…I’m sure Admin will let us know either way…:)

• conexware

soon 🙂

• conexware

@Qun:

Thanks, I know you’re looking. Just let me know if you need anything else from me. Just be warned, I will be away for most of the week starting tomorrow morning so if I don’t reply that will be why.

we found the issue, not the fix yet… it happens onlx on 64bit, and what happens is that admin account gets the associations.

• Will the final be available this week? Are there last minute bugs that still need to be fixed?

• I think we are close Keith! not sure if its this week though.

• Alpha Testers

it never comes soon enough does it Keith?…:)

• conexware

we trying hard to make this week… thanks

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.