UNSOLVED Should I trust 7-Zip
UNSOLVED powerarchiver 2019 encryption policy
SOLVED forum image broken
UNSOLVED PowerArchiver Test unexpected behavior with encrypted archive
SOLVED Powerarchiver 18.01.04 Problem with scaling.
UNSOLVED Preview of archive contents in Win10 explorer
SOLVED line spacing in file list on hires screen
Filehandling: encrypt and SFX the same way as ADD to zip
wulffra last edited by
Up front: I usually donot work with PA in ‘Explorer-mode’, I normally use the context menu-items because
I think they are faster.
PA’s Explorer opens up another Explorer requiring me to select (source/destination) files, folders…
First: Set view to: View -> Display style -> Explorer with Folders.
1. ZIP: In the right window panel select one or more files, click on ADD + OK - done!
(by default, the zip is nicely placed in the same folder)
2. Encrypt: In the right window panel select a file, click on Encrypt …
A new explorer window is opened…
I have to browse to the folder and select the file.
Let’s assume it is a file in some sub\sub\sub\sub-folder.
When browsing you need to remember that folder…
Suggestion: same as 1
3. SFX: same suggestion as with Encrypt
4. Folders: In the left window panel: select a Folder.
- Add/Encrypt/SFX the entire folder
- By default the foldername (same as “ADD” to zip)
- By default in the folder where the subfolder is located.