Unsolved Can not open .nrg files
Solved Viewing Archive Properties
Solved Adverts in PowerArchiver
Unsolved ownCloud / Nextcloud
Unsolved Setting to keep X number of backups
Solved auto open first level in folder treeview when archive is opened
Unsolved PowerArchiver shell extensions possibly crashing windows explorer.exe
Solved Can not change or see options in the configuration
Solved I think SVG files should be treated as text files.
Unsolved line spacing in file list on hires screen
Unsolved Can not extract iTunes installer
Unsolved %APPNAME% should not contain the version
Unsolved PowerArchiver 18.01.04 / Shell Extension in PowerArchiver
Filehandling: encrypt and SFX the same way as ADD to zip
wulffra last edited by
Up front: I usually donot work with PA in ‘Explorer-mode’, I normally use the context menu-items because
I think they are faster.
PA’s Explorer opens up another Explorer requiring me to select (source/destination) files, folders…
First: Set view to: View -> Display style -> Explorer with Folders.
1. ZIP: In the right window panel select one or more files, click on ADD + OK - done!
(by default, the zip is nicely placed in the same folder)
2. Encrypt: In the right window panel select a file, click on Encrypt …
A new explorer window is opened…
I have to browse to the folder and select the file.
Let’s assume it is a file in some sub\sub\sub\sub-folder.
When browsing you need to remember that folder…
Suggestion: same as 1
3. SFX: same suggestion as with Encrypt
4. Folders: In the left window panel: select a Folder.
- Add/Encrypt/SFX the entire folder
- By default the foldername (same as “ADD” to zip)
- By default in the folder where the subfolder is located.