I noticed that the option to add the optimize archive function to the context menu is missing on Windows 10.
Opening each archive with the interface in order to click it becomes tedious with many files.
Same for others functions like Remove Archive Encryption
Filehandling: encrypt and SFX the same way as ADD to zip
Up front: I usually donot work with PA in ‘Explorer-mode’, I normally use the context menu-items because
I think they are faster.
PA’s Explorer opens up another Explorer requiring me to select (source/destination) files, folders…
First: Set view to: View -> Display style -> Explorer with Folders.
1. ZIP: In the right window panel select one or more files, click on ADD + OK - done!
(by default, the zip is nicely placed in the same folder)
2. Encrypt: In the right window panel select a file, click on Encrypt …
A new explorer window is opened…
I have to browse to the folder and select the file.
Let’s assume it is a file in some sub\sub\sub\sub-folder.
When browsing you need to remember that folder…
Suggestion: same as 1
3. SFX: same suggestion as with Encrypt
4. Folders: In the left window panel: select a Folder.
- Add/Encrypt/SFX the entire folder
- By default the foldername (same as “ADD” to zip)
- By default in the folder where the subfolder is located.