Context Menu: Multi-Extract files->multiple folders

• Up front - I vainly tried to find a solution for the below. Am not sure whether:

• it has been requested before
    • it is already on the wishlist
    • it is already possible

Scenario:
    Explorer, right window panel, there are a few ‘single’ .rar files (i.e. not a ‘set’, like part01, part02)

blabla - file1.rar
    this is - file2.rar
    another-file3.rar

I want to ctrl-select these files, rmb extract to folders named after the files.

Is this possible? (using context menu…!)
    If not, is it on the wishlist ?
    If not, wud you move this to the wishlist section?

TIA

• conexware

each file to its own folder? it is option in config> shell ext> extract….

• ah … tsk tsk … ahum… :o :o
    Thanks!
    it was the last option I did nót add to context menu and have to confess I did not check it (more or less assuming it was not possible I only checked the forum).
    Deep sigh … :o

Don’t dare to ask but… if I have a number of single files and I want to extract into different folders in a new subfolder.

so:
    x:\temp
    blabla - file1.rar
    this is - file2.rar
    another-file3.rar

to
    x:\other folder\bla bla - file1
    etc.

So I cud select and drop them elsewhere and hv them extracted in the above way.
    A kind of Create New Folder to extract to…

Something like the below.

==

• conexware

why not just use extact with options? no need to drag and drop…

• guess (optional) context menu items are faster?

• conexware

it would still load options screen though, where you would have to enter the file name you would want.

• Yep. My current filehandler has these options (copy/move to). It works great. I drag and drop files to a subfolder, it autofills the path, you only need to insert the last folder name.

Like:

Well anyway… was just an idea.:)

• conexware

@wulffra:

Yep. My current filehandler has these options (copy/move to). It works great. I drag and drop files to a subfolder, it autofills the path, you only need to insert the last folder name.

Like:

Well anyway… was just an idea.:)

so you want Compress + Options, with preffiled path that is taken from drag and drop folder?

• No, extract.
    The idea was: I have -say- 3 different zip/rar files in my downloadfolder, select them all, thén I want to use “Extract to \filename”, but then in a different folder (e.g. temp).

I guess the easiest way (minimum of mouseclicks) wud be by drag and drop them into \temp whilst using the extract to \filename

When I do this now, select 3 files, drag drop them elsewhere, I have the flwg items in my context menu

• extract here
    • extract to x\folder\filename\

However, in this case, filename are not 3 separate folders, but just 1.

• conexware

@spwolf:

so you want Compress + Options, with preffiled path that is taken from drag and drop folder?

yeah, i meant extract… long day at the office 😉

• No problem, but I guess my suggestion still stands then? 🙂

I.e. select different single (not a part-set) archive files, drag-and-drop them elsewhere and to be extracted as single archives. Same as extract to \filename, but then in a different folder.
    thanks.

• conexware

you want extract with options, with prepopulated extract to field (with drag and drop destination entered there).

• yep. like in my below posting with the little screendump, where ‘move’ obviously shd be replaced by ‘extract’.

Users

Topics