PA Update

• I see, though I personally don’t mind.

Regards

DrT

• conexware

@drteeth:

I see, though I personally don’t mind.

Regards

DrT

i know, some people complain though… we do post all the internal updates to twitter so who wants to get updated, thats the best way 🙂

• @spwolf:

i know, some people complain though… we do post all the internal updates to twitter so who wants to get updated, thats the best way 🙂

To “twitter”…. why not post them here?

• Good point. The world has gone Twitter mad; best to use the PA forums fully.

DrT

• I have to agree, I would much rather see them here than Twitter.

• conexware

its just easier for us to post it at one location, instead of 3.:-).

• @spwolf:

Guess I’m one of the few people that refuses to use twitter…… Please bear with me for a moment… I want to insure I have my facts straight, ConeXware has its own forum for PA but uses a totally different “social network” to disseminate updated information… WOW. 😕

Wouldn’t a sticky entitled “PA2010 v11.50.xx” or “PA2010 v11.50.xx beta” better serve your current customer base? And use “Twitter” to attract new customers?

• conexware

@skypx:

Guess I’m one of the few people that refuses to use twitter…… Please bear with me for a moment… I want to insure I have my facts straight, ConeXware has its own forum for PA but uses a totally different “social network” to disseminate updated information… WOW. 😕

Wouldn’t a sticky entitled “PA2010 v11.50.xx” or “PA2010 v11.50.xx beta” better serve your current customer base? And use “Twitter” to attract new customers?

well we always update threads where bugs were fixed with info on new version. Twitter is more of what newsletters used to be. You can easily get notification on whats latest @ conexware.

• Alpha Testers

@skypx:

Guess I’m one of the few people that refuses to use twitter…… customers?

nah…you’re not alone skypx…plenty of us out there.
    believe it or not I’ve actually seen updates on another site…:rolleyes:

eventually though I find where admin has hidden them…:D

• This post is deleted!

• Another PA user/luddite who doesn’t twitter…

• Alpha Testers

@mwb1100:

Another PA user/luddite who doesn’t twitter…

You can add me to the list too

• @moles42:

nah…you’re not alone skypx…plenty of us out there.
    believe it or not I’ve actually seen updates on another site…:rolleyes:

eventually though I find where admin has hidden them…:D

@mwb1100:

Another PA user/luddite who doesn’t twitter…

We should form our own club and call it…… no, no, no, if we did then we’ll be back to where we started. 😃

• We’re just talking about a site where you can sign up and then easily subscribe to email and/or RSS updates for internals builds of PowerArchiver. There needn’t be a political or philosophical component to this.

I admit I have heretofore felt the same way about Twitter–I had no intention of signing up, and I’d gotten really sick of hearing about it. The whole concept doesn’t make sense to me. (Who cares if you’re about to wash the dishes or pinch one out?)

But for software updates, it makes much more sense. (As long as the ConeXware people don’t start notifying us that they’re about to do the dishes or…)

I created a Twitter account and signed up. It’s not a big deal. (Though it did take about 7 hours to find an unused user account name.)

• @nameless:

We’re just talking about a site where you can sign up and then easily subscribe to email and/or RSS updates for internals builds of PowerArchiver. There needn’t be a political or philosophical component to this.

I admit I have heretofore felt the same way about Twitter–I had no intention of signing up, and I’d gotten really sick of hearing about it. The whole concept doesn’t make sense to me. (Who cares if you’re about to wash the dishes or pinch one out?)

But for software updates, it makes much more sense. (As long as the ConeXware people don’t start notifying us that they’re about to do the dishes or…)

I created a Twitter account and signed up. It’s not a big deal. (Though it did take about 7 hours to find an unused user account name.)

You are absolutely correct! Creating an account with twitter would probably take no more than 5 minutes, and I am not trying to annoy or disrespect anyone here. I’m simply expressing my opinion. I really feel ConeXware’s existing customer base would be better served by simply creating an “update/beta sticky” (users would subscribe to the thread if they wanted to be informed of updates). We would we find bugs that were missed and in turn this would mean a better product.

IMO twitter should be used to attract new customers (how many people use it? >100M?) and their forums should be a wealth of information for their existing customers. I would even volunteer to get it done if needed. 🙂

• @Luxor:

You can add me to the list too

And me! If I ‘twittered’, I’d get treatment very quickly.

Cheers

DrT

• @spwolf:

How about a read-only forum here called ‘updates’?

Cheers

DrT

• @skypx:

You are absolutely correct! Creating an account with twitter would probably take no more than 5 minutes…

As I understand it, you don’t need to sign up unless you want to become a Twitter. You can just use RSS to receive PowerArchiver “tweets” - that is what I’ve done anyway.
    @skypx:

IMO twitter should be used to attract new customers (how many people use it? >100M?) and their forums should be a wealth of information for their existing customers. I would even volunteer to get it done if needed. 🙂

How does this attract new customers - do people hunt through twitter looking for this stuff 😕
    If you don’t “know” PowerArchiver, how/why read the tweets?

• @skypx:

I really feel ConeXware’s existing customer base would be better served by simply creating an “update/beta sticky” (users would subscribe to the thread if they wanted to be informed of updates).

I totally agree. I wasn’t supporting the use of Twitter for update notifications. I’d prefer it to be done here in the forum as well. I only signed up on Twitter because that’s how they chose to do it…

@drteeth:

And me! If I ‘twittered’, I’d get treatment very quickly.

Yeah, but you can sign up for the “PowerArchiver” Twitter updates, and I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t count as “Twittering”. 🙂

@TBGBe:

As I understand it, you don’t need to sign up unless you want to become a Twitter. You can just use RSS to receive PowerArchiver “tweets” - that is what I’ve done anyway.

Ah hell, you mean I didn’t have to sign up? Going to delete account now…

• Come on guys, RSS is a great way to stay updated. I personally don’t care whether it’s a twitter RSS or one directly from ConeXware (wouldn’t say I think that making one of those is a bad idea, though)

Users

Topics